kcmatt vs NatWest

kcmatt79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've got so far with NatWest - been offered £450 out of £1,123. Turning it down and going for Court Action online. Question is, do we have to do TWO separate claims, or can we bulk it all together? Also, what is the interest that you claim back? Thanks guys

kcmatt

• Haha 1

Thank you! Well, it has been done. Haven't yet pressed submit as I want my o/h to look at it first (check for mistakes etc)

One thing though, I used the template for the particulars of the claim but it was too long for the Moneyclaim's box (you're only allowed 1080 characters) Anyone else noticed this? I had to get rid of any spaces after full stops and commas, and also take out any ""

Will that be OK?

Yes, fine.

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

When you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement send a copy to the bank’s solicitors.

OK might be better to use those, although it doesn't go into as much legal stuff as the one I had intended to use. My claim is saved on moneyclaim but hasn't been submitted yet.

I don't understand the interest part of this though. I had worked out the interest from the Money saving website and the rate of interest was the same for all. Should I recalculate this?

Also, I haven't sent a schedule of charges to my bank. Why do you do this, and when?

Thanks

kcmatt

I don't understand the interest part of this though. I had worked out the interest from the Money saving website and the rate of interest was the same for all. Should I recalculate this?

Sorry don't understand what you mean by 'rate of interest was same for all'

Also, I haven't sent a schedule of charges to my bank. Why do you do this, and when?

The schedule is part of your POC's,but you can't attache it on moneyclaim, So:

Send 2 copies of your schedule of charges, clearly marked with your claim no. + a brief covering letter asking for them to be filed with your claim to:

The Court Manager,

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

Dear Sir/Madam

(Your Name) –v- (Bank)

Claim No: ********

Date Issued: xx/xx/xx

Please find enclosed a schedule of penalty charges taken from me by the defendant, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached to the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

Wait until you receive the Notice of Acknowledgement from the court and then send a copy to the bank’s solicitors, since they are the ones who will now be dealing with your claim

Kc Matt

as you thread has grown a lot:o a Mod will need tomove it soon to the main forum at this point you may lose it.

so use these tips below to keep your self linked with it ;):)

If you are LOST in CAG

Click the Consumeractiongroup at the top left hand corner of this blue section on your screen.

This will show you a detailed Index of the forum.

Tracking your Claim Thread

Once you have located your bank and have made your thread, select thread tools at the top right of the thread, choose subscribe to thread, then select Yes.

To locate your Claim Threads

Just up from thread tools and to the left click Quick Links, this will offer subscribed threads. In here you will see your claims.

Hi this is the bit I'm not sure of

...at a daily rate of £0.xx; - This daily rate of interest is calculated by multiplying the total value of the claim (charges plus overdraft interest, if claimed) by 0.00022

For example,

£1,429 in charges

£27.40 in overdraft interest

Total £1,456.40

1466.58 x 0.00022 = 0.32 - This would therefor be £0.32p on a daily basis.

I've calculated the total interest I will claim as £144.21 of charges totalling £1,139: added together making £1,283.21. I don't understand the bit about calculating the daily rate of interest. Sorry for being dumb!! Thanks

Hi all!

I'm at the court claim stage of this. I have put all the details into Money Claim and am just checking a few final details before I press the "submit" button. Getting a bit fuddled about it all, as I've changed the POC that I originally did.

Anyway, good luck to everyone else. We're claiming £1,283. They have offered us £450 so far, so I'm hoping the court claim will be the kick up the backside they need to offer the lot. Fingers crossed!!

kcmatt

• 2 weeks later...

I have started a thread in the NatWest forum. I just added onto this one because someone had directly replied to it. Also, the FAQ does say to send a copy, but I had conflicting advice from the guy who replied on here before!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Right, received my acknowledgement from the court on Friday. Today, received Acknowledgement of Service from NatWest who have stated they will be defending the whole of the claim. Is this bad news? I'm dreading getting that scary letter from their solicitors.

Don't worry, this isn't bad news, it's standard for Nat West to state they are defending the whole of the claim, it's just there way of trying to delay the inevitable.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D