BankFodder BankFodder

Turtleton

Backdoor CCJ - Excel - Broken machine - SA1 car park, Swansea

I see - so do I still continue down this route or just enter a N244 against them?

And all you get is a "satisfied" marker on your credit file for the remainder of the 6 years, if judge thinks Credit Cleansing and Simple Simon is happy, he has shafted you and keeps the money.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Posted (edited)

I'm having a complete panic. I don't have a direct number for the paralegal, but I do have a direct email. I'll send out an email now. 

Just sent an email to the paralegal

I'm hoping that the evidence I do have, works to my favour. That it was not a case of credit cleansing, but a CCJ that was wrongly submitted against myself which goes back to Excel's faulty machine.

Edited by Turtleton

Well dont panic as there is very little you can do at the moment.....calm down and try to speak to whoever took payment and ask them to clarify what that payment of £155 was for...and get it in writing.It states quite clearly in the uploads  that the £155 was to clear the judgment....then they would draft a consent to remove the CCJ...have I interpreted that correctly ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

12 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Well dont panic as there is very little you can do at the moment.....calm down and try to speak to whoever took payment and ask them to clarify what that payment of £155 was for...and get it in writing.It states quite clearly in the uploads  that the £155 was to clear the judgment....then they would draft a consent to remove the CCJ...have I interpreted that correctly ?

Yes, that it was what mentioned on the email.

'We would be willing to consent to any Application to have the Judgment set aside subject to you paying the Judgment of £155.00 by 8 April 2020 4pm and each party bears their own costs

Please let us know as soon as possible if you are agreeable to the above. If so, and once payment is made, we will let you have a signed Consent Order by email for you to sign. Once you have signed the Consent Order, you will need to scan/return a copy to us so that we also have a copy. 

You will need to file the signed Consent Order with the Court. Please note that removing the CCJ is purely at the Court's discretion.'

I have also asked for clarification of what the 155 pounds was for

And what date was this judgment and what date should it have been paid by ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 minute ago, Andyorch said:

And what date was this judgment and what date should it have been paid by ?

The original judgement in default was the 13th Feb so the 30 days would have expired on the 13th March

Thanks....so I wonder what the significance of 8 April 2020 4pm and each party bears their own costs.  is about ?

Options...trying to do a charge back on the debit card payment I cant see succeed because its quit clearly stated what the payment was for....and you have interpreted it otherwise.

Submit your own N244 set a side...on the grounds that have been discussed ..with costs.....and introduce this payment that you have made inadvertently 

Just received this email:

We have done what was necessary by providing you with a Consent Order.

It is your responsibility to file the Consent Order with the Court and we would advise that you liaise with the Court on the correct procedure in doing so.

Unfortunately, we will not be covering any of your costs in relation to the matter. You were advised in a previous email that we would be willing to consent to any Application subject to you paying the Judgment amount of £155.00 by the specified date and each party bears their own costs. 

Please be advised that it was mutually agreed at Paragraph 3 of the Consent Order that there shall be no order as to costs. 

Kind regards.

So do I continue on with the set aside by mutual consent OR do I file a seperate N244 motion?

And that is correct...you cant argue..they have done what they stated.......but they have not stated that they have mislead you and that the offer they have made is deemed to be credit cleansing by the courts and that the set a side would be very unlikely to be allowed.

You have no mutual consent..you never did have it...so you make your own application with fee (unless you qualify for exemption) and it will require a very detailed statement in support with reason and inform the court how you have mislead into believing a consent could be agreed to resolve this matter and that the claimant has taken payment which you made under duress.

they consent to the CCJ being removed as long as you pay them.

You file the N244 and let them go whistle.