Jakes-Mum V MBNA

jakes-mum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right having finished with big bad Barclays, am now having a go at MBNA for my hubby. This has all come to a head today as we have just recieved out statement with a 12.00 late payment charge even though I paid online before the due date! They say that though it had left my account, it hadn't cleared in theres before it was due, thus a late payment was charged hmm. I pointed out that the charge was unlawful, and unless they could provide me with written proof that the cost of me not paying in time (still don't agree with that!) was in line with the charge, I would be requiring a copy of the last 5 years statements on the card and would be suing them for all late costs at the small claims court.

The snotty so and so on the phone tried to tell me that they were perfectly within their rights to charge a late fee, I said that I agreed with that to the extent that it had to be in line with costs incurred. She mumbled on, I demanded my statements she promised to send them first thing tommorow.

So I am now going to download the first letter for MBNA and hunt down an address to send it to. Any help address wise would be appreciated.

Sorry to be so long winded, but that woman really got my blood pressure boiling. :x

13 Sept - Prelim sent (can I have my money back?)

27 Sept - No comment from barclays!

28 Sept - LBA Sent (Give me my money back now!!!)

12 OCt - Deal Struck thank you Barclays

Hi

Firstly dont waste your time with MBNA customer service department as u will get no where fast.

I suggest u address all your letters to:

Steven Bailey

Head of customer advocate office

Mbna europe bank ltd

chester business park

chester

ch49fb.

tel:01244 672628

Dont forget to claim your contractual intrest at the highest rate of your card.

Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1

Thank you rob, I was going to send to customer services but will change to your address. I still am waiting for the statements. Will see what is in tommorows post and then chase them up.

Ok am very confused, have finally recieved all my statements (6/12) though a letter was attached saying

" Please find enclosed the statements requested. We are unable to provide December 2003 & April 2004 statements due to retrieval issues.

Your account has been debited with 50.00 in respect of copy statement charges. I trust this is satisfactory blah blah balh. . . "

Can they really charge me 50 quid for statements? and when I rang them to get my balance of account a few days ago they had already charged me 20 quid for statements, why have I been charged twice?!? My late charges are only 147.00 and I have had to pay them half again for statements! Also are they allowed to just not give me two months statements with this lame excuse? I thought they had to give me all the information on me if asked!

What do I do? any help appreciated

Right have just been on the phone to MBNA to a very nice young lady, who spoke to her manager and between them they figured out I was after my charges back. They have credited 60 pounds back to hubbys card and explained that rude lady who started this whole problem had only asked for 10 statements, then when we chased the rest of them had put in another request for the rest of the statements and we had been charged 2.50 per statement. Nice lady said the only way to get the statements for 10 pounds was to send the SAR letter but not a problem rude lady should have told us that. She also apologised profusely for rude lady's attitude last week (she actually swore on the phone under her breath when we told her what rude lady had said!!) and agreed totally that rude lady should just have refunded the 12 pounds we wanted and saved the agro! So LBA will now be posted off oh and have used the compounded contractual interest sheet and found that my claim has doubled due to the interest (18.9%) hurrah now after 254.31!!

Hi

Well ive had loads of dealings with MBNA customer services and most are very rude and aggresive and very un helpfull. The best thing to do is to bypass customer service department and speak to the customer advocate office on 01244 672628 this department will be dealing with your claim.

Good luck

Rob

HALIFAX

12/09/06 Halifax settled in full £8500:D

MBNA

28/11/06 MBNA Settled in full £2300:D

Capital one

Putting together n1