BankFodder BankFodder

levemir

laid off due to business close for covid19

I work part time in an office and we have had to close as its a motorsport company so therefore leisure and the public or the racers cannot go as all events are cancelled now until things change.

my partner works full time, but without my wage we are going to struggle with the rent and other things, lucky for her she is working from home now so at least she still has a job.

is there anything I can claim for? I cant seem to find any government info that applies to myself and this situation.

I am not sick, just laid off.

my employer is a waste of space, and not able to help out in anyway while we are shut.

any info would be really appreciated.

thanks

Call your landlord, explain the situation. Call everybody, all you bills, providers etc. explain the situation.

I have had a drop in income, I called my mortgage provider, it took 90 minutes on hold but I spoke to an incredible lady who granted a 3 month payment holiday, with potential to extend if circumstances don't change.  

You will be surprised, everybody is in the same boat now!

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

thanks, that isnt really giving me the info I need and I cant seem to find it via HMRC or DWP

I have not been made redundant

I have been laid off, - no work, no pay.

On friday Boris announced that workers laid off can claim up to 80% of their wages, to help - but how? where?

I wont qualify for universal credit - my other half works full time, which she is doing from home now [she is office worker]

its all well and good the gvmt announcing these things, how do we know they actually exist if theres no info anywhere?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, levemir said:

I have been laid off, - no work, no pay.

On friday Boris announced that workers laid off can claim up to 80% of their wages, to help - but how? where?

Details are apparently still being worked out. This is all I could find on the HMRC site when I looked just now. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

But note that the government is not paying 80% of wages direct to employees who have been laid off (or "furloughed employees" as HMRC is apparently calling them under this temporary Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme). The employer first has to continue paying the employee while laid off/'furloughed' and the government will then reimburse the employer 80% of what the employer has paid out (to a maximum of £2,500 per employee per month).

So it appears that if the employer decides to pay you nothing you aren't entitled to get anything direct from the government. 

I'm sorry that's probably not what you wanted to hear. Can your employer be persuaded to pay you and then use the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme to get reimbursed by HMRC?

Edited by Ethel Street
  • Like 2

thanks, i doubt my employer will want to be paying me anything but I shall certainly be contacting him