Flight cancelled and CV19 - travel agent refusing refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in December I booked flights through an online travel agent.

Last week, the airline told me the flight was cancelled.

I asked the airline for a refund, but they told me to contact the travel agent.

The travel agent refused a refund, but after some badgering, they have offered a voucher.

I don’t know what the voucher entitles me to and there is a risk the voucher becomes worthless if the airline or travel agent fails. So I asked for a refund which was refused.

What are my rights on getting my money back?

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum Holiday & Airline Companies Forum. Please continue to post here to your topic.

For information .....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51615412

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Same issue with Virgin and Travel Trolley. Credit note offered - under the circumstances, not good enough.

Travel agent have referred me back to Virgin - I have asked if this is really the best they can do, given I am not allowed to travel through no fault of my own. Do they really expect people to deal with any of them again? I know some will, but a lot won't. Update to follow.

I know this doesn't help you in the here & now, but is there any point in booking plane tickets through a travel agency?

I used to, until a mate pointed out that if I booked directly with the plane company I would save on commission and not have any pesky third parties to deal with if anything went wrong.  So I've followed her advice for years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

I know this doesn't help you in the here & now, but is there any point in booking plane tickets through a travel agency?

I used to, until a mate pointed out that if I booked directly with the plane company I would save on commission and not have any pesky third parties to deal with if anything went wrong.  So I've followed her advice for years.

Hi FTM Dave. Indeed not - I know that now. However, at the time it was quite a bit cheaper to do so, and there was no hint of trouble ahead. It seems an unfair practice during normal times - even more so now.