Jump to content

Green belt to building land


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hopefully I have chosen the correct sub section to ask this

I am asking a simple question , which most likely , will need a whole lot more detail , unless the answer is a simple yes


Question :-

Can a local authority , with no apparent public consultation , change the designation of an area of open space from MOL ( Metropolitan Open Space  or Green Belt ) to UOS ( Urban Open space  ?Thereby freeing the land for building purposes

There is a published report on the consultations .from some 18 months ago , but there was no notification locally that a report was being prepared, therefore there was no local input to the report . The report was published on line but was difficult to dig out .

Link to post
Share on other sites



As this would be a change needing planning permission from the council it should be in the councils planning permission area on their website. (you will need to check to see if planning applications etc for this are available to download then download and have a good read of this info to see if they have followed it if not mark it to use)


Have a good read of this link: (specifically "Green Belt planning policy" and check the links within it)


This link may be of use: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/consultation-and-pre-decision-matters


Please be patient I am sure others will be along to offer their wisdom

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...