BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Normally we recommend to ignore any communications from CEL unless they send a formal Letter Before Action.  Anything before that is just hot air and empty threats.  Could you redact your details and upload this last letter please?  Just to check  it is the usual rubbish they send out and not an LBA.   As you'll have worked out, appealing was not a good idea.  These fleecers never, ever, ever accept appeals - ever.  You also run the risk of losing legal protections - in your appeals did you out yourself as the driver?   Also was the only way of paying by app?  The answer will help in building up this picture of CEL making it impossible to pay, so they can then harass motorists with their demands.    
    • Good Morning.   Hope you are all well and keeping safe.   I am paying back a debt through a DMP to Link and I was in a situation to get a settlement fee for an amount which is a small 4 figure sum - i received the following by email   Unfortunately we are unable to accept the sum of �0.00 but we would be prepared to accept the sum of �8.98 in settlement of this account. On receipt of cleared funds we will close your account with no further monies owed and update your credit file as partially settled. Payment should be made to Sort Code 40-05-30 Account Number 54192761. Payment should reach our office by 17/04/2020.   If I pay them £8.98 have they no legal recourse to come after me for the rest considering its an offer in writing?   would appreciate some guidance please   Thanks Pb8111
    • Richard North talks a lot of sense, in my view. The other commentator I rate is Prof John Ashton who was director of public health in Liverpool and then president of the Faculty of Public Health.
    • Really worth reading this blog today, ignore the title the author is a Phd in Public Health and worked in that sector before he was a Eurosceptic, was a co-author with the late Christopher Booker on various subjects , over the last 2 weeks has forensically analysed the response to the pandemic and the planning to control it.  They followed the plan for therwrong disease, they assumed it was a flu, its not its a SARS and needed a much different response well worth a read, source documents and links to relevant information is well provided.   Some insights into the mindset of the "Experts" and advisors in the blog Neil Ferguson he of the Computer Modelling, and doesn't fare well, he fell into the assumptions trap, with computer modelling, as in flawed data gives flawed results with no bearing on a real situation. the classic GIGO Garbage In Garbage Out.   http://www.eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87571#disqus_thread
    • So, Civil Enforcement Ltd.   I used their app to pay, it said I was all paid up - went about my day. Came back in time and drove off.   They say I never paid at all.   I appealed via their website after the app store reviews said so many people had been done over by their app. I screenshotted it, sent them the appeal and said I had paid, i sent them screenshots of the ' location history' too (the app doesnt show invoices just where youve been)   They blanket rejected it based on the fact they believed it was correct   I raised this with POPLA, they also reected my claim   I was there, I paid for the parking, the app didnt work or didnt take my payment despite saying it was all good!   Next lett is demanding £140 in 14 days     What next? - MP?
  • Our picks

kammx4

Direct tiles Warehouse - Faulty Tiles

Okay i'll reword and get back to you. Thanks

I take it that I didn't propose any draft particulars of claim previously in this thread.

In that case I think it would be useful if you actually listed out your losses, beginning with the quote – which is a very clear and ascertainable amount and then see what you come up with for the rest. Although I don't see any reason why you need to give any ground here, it might avoid complications if you are prepared to take some kind of loss in terms of fares or something. They can't be very substantial

I think that your particulars of claim should begin:

The claimant purchased tiles from the defendant retailer. It became apparent only on installation that the tiles were defective. The defendant is in breach of their obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
The claimant seeks the price of removing the defective tiles and purchasing and installing replacements as per a quote which has already been supplied to the defendant.
The defendant is in possession of all reports and quotations and is fully aware.
The claimant also seeks ancillary losses namely X X X and X X X amounting to £ZZZ

17 hours ago, BankFodder said:

I think that your particulars of claim should begin:

How does this look or do i have to specify what the extra money is for?.

20200324_133530.jpg