Marstons Bailiff wants £1000+ within 2 weeks out of nowhere

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning all, feeling very grateful that I found this forum as I’m stressing over this and unable to sleep.

yesterday a bailiff came to my house and said I had to pay him £1080 (I think - somewhere round that) or he would seize goods - and then looked at my car. 

I said I had no idea what he was talking about and he said it’s from the magistrates court from the DVLA from 2018. 

I explained that I do not have £1000 spare and he said he would accept £100 and the rest by the end of the month or he’ll be back to seize goods.

I managed to scrape £100 together and paid him and he left.

I have no letters or paperwork or anything.

i called the DVLA who said it’s because in 2018 when I declared my car SORN I didn’t keep it insured and that’s a penalty.
I have had no correspondence From them whatsoever in all this time.

I moved house in April last year which may explain why I didn’t receive any letters...

but I notified the DVLA of my change of address and my car is in my name registered here. 

I do not understand how they can just completely out of the blue turn up and demand £1000.

I just don’t have it and I’m a travel agent so right now things are already looking pretty bleak 

I’d there anything I can do?

you sure you heard that right. ??

you do not need to have insurance if a car is sorn'd, that's the point of sorn, it's off the public roads/highways and doesn't need insurance.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

let us know we can advise with the statutory declaration if that's what is needed once you get the truth.

shame you paid the bailiff, I feel that money might now be lost.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

declared sorn'd in 2018, fined in 2018 ....according to post 1 

and they

Too true but unless the op engages with this thread we are flying blind

and they

Good morning,

apologies for not engaging I was asleep.

DVLA on the phone yesterday were pretty useless and said that I have to contact the magistrates but I don’t know which magistrates to contact.

SORN in 2018 and the fine is from 2018 and it went to magistrates in April 2019 -

I have now emailed them to ask for specific dates and details and will apparently get a reply within 3 days 

If it was on private land and sorn insurance not needed,  If Statutory Declaration accepted, the bailiff will have to refund the money as the Fine and bailiff fees are wiped out  and you can then decide to pay the original penalty or fight it in court with any evidence you have.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I will keep you guys posted on what DVLA day.

My worry is that it’s going to take ages and the bailiff is coming back next week to seize goods if I don’t pay....

although until I know which magistrates court it is in I can’t even contact them to discuss and we have no paperwork what so ever that can help us to work our what is owed from where to who! 

So frustrating, especially with everything else going on!

ring stop using email.

and they

they said write so you emailed?
did they say use email?

don't worry about the bailiffs 

did not the bailiff letter state the court?

and they

The DVLA boy on the phone said I could email and they would reply within 3 days. 
the bailiff didn’t give me any paperwork at all just showed me his badge and then emailed a receipt for the £100 payment we made and said he would be back next week for the balance as he nodded at my beloved car :( 

Might be wise to move the car away or lock in a garage, he has to clamp it and give you a Controlled Goods Notice listing the car.  Is the car worth much, they will  sometimes take or clamp a banger to pressure payment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I've heard that all Bailiff services have been put on suspension for the foreseeable......due to Corona V....not sure if its true cant find anything on the We b to substantiate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have been making enquiries, but Conwy Council are actively seeking Liability orders and were sending out bailiffs last week, not sure about magistrates contractor bailiffs like marstons. perhaps BankFodder can ask marstons.   They are likely going to have to suspend ocross the court system or the councils might go on a feeding frenzy with Liability orders, for  Council tax non payment through the crisis.

• Like 1

Morning all! I hope you’re all safe and well
I received a reply From DVLA this morning.... which is absolutely useless... so the only thing I know is that at some point in 2018 my broken down car wasn’t insured and I have to pay a bailiff £1000 by the end of the week..... no paperwork, no dates, no idea which magistrates court it is in, no reference number from the bailiff... this just seems to be ridiculous!! 

IMG_9562.jpg