Commercial Landlord changed locks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Our commercial landlord has changed the locks of workshop where we have 2 x 20ft containers stored.

Even though we gave him formal notice of moving out of workshop offices he still says we owe him money.

We have signed no wriiten lease or contract

all correspondence has been done by email

now he states if we dont pay the amount owing he is going to open our padlocked containers and sell off our equipment to pay for his loss and once this is done he will inform us as to when we can remove them.

Please note we still pay an agreed amount per month for the container storage.

Now he says we have not been paying him the correct amount for the container storage. 

This is taken from an email we recieved

Once again can I remind you that you are not allowed to enter my premises until your account is paid off in full.

Please also supply a forwarding address to serve summons should the need be.

We agreed 6 months with a months notice –

no notice received or keys to office returned!

Our terms are payment in advance – you are not doing this.

You are not even paying the correct amount for the containers!

I request immediate payment.

All he wants is money and we want out.

Hi and Welcome to CAG

I have moved your topic to  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Forum where it will be better placed for advice.

Please continue to posthere to your topic.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

so what did the email contract say

and what have you been paying £PCM and when?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How much is in dispute and who is the landlord.  

Yes, obviously we need to know more. The way you put your story is as if you are telling us chapter 5 and you assume that we've already read the previous four chapters. Well we haven't.

My instinct is to give you some pragmatic advice which will be to pay the money he wants, get your possessions away from him and then afterwards sue for the money. It will be far less complicated and also your own lives or business would be able to move on.
If you take legal action to prevent him carrying out his threat then it could take many months – and in fact because of the current health crisis, it could be going on for more than a year with your goods frozen in place and with simply some kind of injunction over him not to interfere with them – and in the end, if you happen to lose you would have a huge amount of extra rent to pay as well.

However, because we don't really know what the story is – because you have told us – it's difficult to give you clear advice.

Why don't you lay out all clearly for us in a chronological bullet pointed fashion – not too much narrative.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

But if you want to take this forward then you will have to do engage with this thread

To day all this has come to a head and we have now going to settle this issue in court as instructed by the local constabulary who were present during a cofrontation today.

Thank you for eveyones concern and thoughts and advice.

Thanks for this update. I'm sorry it's going that way. 

if the police simply said that you should go to court because it's a civil matter then I'm afraid you will have a long road ahead of you but we will be happy to help if you want.

It might still be a good idea if you told us the whole story

1 hour ago, Worzal said:

To day all this has come to a head and we have now going to settle this issue in court as instructed by the local constabulary who were present during a cofrontation today.

Thank you for eveyones concern and thoughts and advice.

I dont think the Police are really qualified to give legal advice......so you are going to sue the Landlord for the return of your containers......even though you are allegedly in arrears with the rent ?

• 2 weeks later...

In some respects this is a better solution than putting up with threats of theft of your property.

The lack of a written contractr goes in your favour as your LL will be hard pushed to claim breach of contract and supposed debts will be awkward for him to prove unless you changed how much you pay each month suddenly to a lower figure.

Now you need to get all of you figures to add up, be clear in what they represent as far as the rest of your story goes

If you want help we will need clairy on what was agreed and where you differ  as to what is owed now and why.

a simple spreadsheet should throw up the right figures so you can compare with that.