Johanne Vs Barclays

johanne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

this is not strictly me vs Barclays... its my partner vs barclays.

Sent a Data Protection act request on 20th November.. Recieved the usual letter today stating they were "not under obligation to present information according to any particular format" but we could obtain the information from copy statements which will be sent within a few weeks on a "complimentary basis" .. and my £10 cheque was sent back :)

Now its just a case of sitting and waiting highlighter at the ready.....for the statements to pop through the letter box.:D Then the "fun" begins.

One question though... my partner realised after wed sent the letter that barclays had shut his original account and opened a new one without telling him (due to bad account management on his behalf) But he doesnt have the original account number, as hes rubbish at keeping paperwork too! :rolleyes: Sooooo if he only gets the statements relating to this account he has now.. can he do anything to find out what his old account number was so he can claim back off that account too if it was within the last 6 years?

Have you nothing to refer to the original Account number and sort code?

It may be an idea to call at your local branch, or the btanch that held his old account, and ask them if they can find it out for you. Alternatively, you should contact them with all previous addresses your partner used whilst his previous Account was live.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved letter off barclays supposedly enclosing statements, but there are about 4 years worth missing! The present account was opened in 2002, but we literally have about 4 months worth sent to us, and alot of it doesnt make sense.. just seems computer print outs with no account or transaction details on at all. :( (Still £145 in charges already found though!)

Should my partner now ring barclays and ask for them to be resent properly in the same format as the 4 months worth we can understand!?