Euro Car Parks PCN - Hanworth Road - Hounslow. nothing till DR+ letter.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

My girlfriend and I got home this evening to find she had received a lovely letter from a company called Debt Recovery Plus, demanding she pay £170 within 14 days for an unpaid Parking Charge Notice.

The date today is 16/03/2020, the parking charge date was apparently 09/12/2019 and the letter is dated from the 12/03/2020.

The letter claims to have been chasing her from past addresses, she has updated DVLA recently, but it's very possible that a letter was sent to a previous address. 

The time of the offence is not given, the day is a Monday in which the girlfriend would have been at work; neither of us can remember, for any reason whatsoever, why she would go to the place she supposedly parked, let alone have parked in the place she supposedly did - but I guess she may have, because they have all her details + registration. 

The letter states that should she not pay, by 26/03/2020 she could face "further recovery action" which could "incur further costs". 

The letter (-details) is attached. 

Please can anyone provide some advice on this?

Cheers 

Ryan

• honeybee13 changed the title to Received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus - Euro Car Parks

Debt Recovery Plus are just a bunch of paper tigers who are paid by the PPCs to send letters which are supposed to be scary.  It's not their debt, they can do nothing, just ignore them.

What is more of a concern is that Euro Car Parks have got her old address from the DVLA.  This means they could at some point issue a court claim against her using that address, and they would win by default since she would know nothing about it.  This needs to be addressed.  Please draft a short letter informing this company of the change of address and asking to see the PCN, but post it up here before you send it.

Good job she informed the DVLA otherwise it could have been a grand's fine.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Honeybee :) 

1 Date of the infringement 09/12/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] Not sure what NTK is.. Presumably date on the letter which is 12/03/2020

3 Date received 16/03/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes 

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Not given, maybe if I rang up? 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car Parks Ltd. 

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Hanworth Road - Hounslow. (Nothing else given.. no idea if its a road/car park?) 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.  No mention of appealing

Hi Dave, 

I just spoke to her again about the DVLA address

- she changed her address on her driving license back in summer last year

- does this count as informing the DVLA?

Putting together the pieces and thinking about it, I'm actually not sure which address they have tracked it to

(I thought maybe her old uni address, but the dates no longer work). 

...unless of course you have to inform DVLA separately to changing the address on your driving license? 

Edited by RyanB96

• dx100uk changed the title to Euro Car Parks PCN - Hanworth Road - Hounslow. nothing till DR+ letter.

you mean she's never sent her V5C vehicle registration off to be updated

only her driving licence ?

if this is the case then something needs to be sent to ECP to update them of her present and correct address else they'll go for a backdoor CCJ at the last V5C address. and legally they can.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope - until now she didn't know you had to, and tbh I thought updating the driving licence was enough to inform DVLA of a new address. Either way - surely its the DVLA who gain money there, so that won't help DR+? 

Can we just update the V5C tomorrow, and completely ignore these letters from DR+? Or do we need to take them seriously?

Edited by RyanB96

Now go read my post again carefully..

but yes update v5c.that is a totally sep issue to the speculative invoice

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So, something like this to the ECP?  

Dear Sir/Madam, 

I have recently been made aware of a PCN sent to my previous address. Please be aware my new and current address is 

xxx

Please re-send the parking charge notice to the above address, 

Kind Regards, 

That'll do

Staple a copy of the dr+ letter to it

As for dvla you should v

Be able to change ad online.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

You got it.

That way you avoid a grand's fine from the DVLA and also getting a backdoor CCJ from the fleecers.

When the fleecers send their PCN come back here and we'll advise how to fight it.

Oh, keep a copy of the letters and get free Certificates of Posting from the post office.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Will an email not suffice?

Just thinking with an email, I know they have received it and can prove it, they cant just bin my letter and deny receiving it?

I can scan & attach a copy of the letter still. 

DVLA - have to send off the log book, will do that first thing tomorrow, any idea how long it'll take to get confirmation on that change? (License & tax is already up to date)

you never ever use email to anyone that claims to have a valid money claim/debt against you 

opens the door for free harassment and creates no papertrail in case this goes legal

simply get free proof of posting from the PO counter

same for the V5C return to DVLA - you'll get conf when the new V5C arrives. that's sep to this speculative invoice issue and has no bearing upon it.

they always lose mail.

and they

Thanks for all the help so far both of you, much appreciated. 

She's written the letter, stapled a copy of the DR+ Letter to the back of it. The address I found for Euro Car Parks Ltd is: 

30 Dorset Square, 

Marylebone,

London,

NW1 6QJ 

- I just wondered if you knew if this was the correct address to send to? 

Likewise, this is the address I found for sending the V5C to: 

DVLA, 

Swansea, 

SA99 1BA

She'll take this letter & the V5C to the post office tomorrow morning and get them sent off 1st Class, and get a certificate for both.

I guess these measures get us out the worry zone by protecting us from both the backdoor CCJ and the £1,000 fine so far, right? 

What's the next steps? 

• Like 1

Right.

The Dorset Square address is spot on.

The next step is to relax and put your feet up, until the fleecers get in touch (well, apart from reading other Euro Car Parks threads here in the meantime).

They will undoubtedly send a demand for £170 (which even if your girlfriend was bang to rights would really be £100, but, hey, they are conmen who hope you don't know the law).

After that she can decide between paying -
   (a) £170.00
   (b) £100.00
   (c) £ 00.00, then learn about the law and the court process, with the help of this site, and give these parasites a good kicking. 

We would definitely recommend option (c) 😃

14 hours ago, RyanB96 said:

So, something like this to the ECP?  

Yes apart from inviting them to resend the charge notice. She could ask for a copy of all the data they hold on her and that they update their records when they show paperwork for an old address.

Once she ahs the info we can help her with deciding on whether to fight or not