Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Solicitors holding surplus money

Recommended Posts


my house was repossessed in April last year and sold in the July. After a long wait and lots of messing about it finally completed in February and the new people moved in.

The surplus amount after all was paid off has still not been paid to me and the solicitors keep Fobbing me off with diff reasons every time I call.

The main reason given was they were waiting for a stair casing document from the housing association. When I called the housing association legal team the told me everything was sent and it wouldn’t of completed without these documents. When I called the mortgage solicitors back and asked again they told me they were still waiting for it. So how can they completed the sale and pay off the mortgage provider and the housing association but withhold my money?

Today I called again and they said they have received  the document today but need to send it to some other department.

The buyers have been living in the house for over a month now and all have been paid except me. 
They also said they sent a breakdown of all the transactions to me but sent to the old address so now I have to email them permission to send to me again at my new address.

I haven’t had any information sent and they never call me back. I have been chasing this everyday now and still getting no where. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

complain to the SRA about the deliberate delay and the pettifogging just to earn fees for their work. It is called " churning".

You should also ask for interest on the monies held on deposit, they have to pay iy if above a certain sum.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...