Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

 

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

 

 

BankFodder BankFodder

 

BankFodder BankFodder


  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • That should nail the setaside, and see OBS off with other factors tha can be added if they try again.
    • Hi all, Unfortunately, I'm having a difficult time having recently bought a puppy with a pre-exisiting condition that I was unaware of. I found this forum after doing some research online and the feedback was really well-informed. I'd be really grateful for any advice from legal minds :)   My story (I've tried to keep it concise for clarity): I recently bought a puppy from a home breeder. They have never breed dogs before and aren't a licensed business. Our puppy was sold as having passed a full health check from Vets4Pets. Our puppy was £1,200. Two weeks after picking him up, I took him to the vets for his second vaccinations and a health check. At that point the vet diagnosed him with a "lingually displaced canine." This means that one of his lower canines is displaced and pressing into the roof of his mouth. Our puppy would have had his full set of puppy teeth by 6 weeks,  and his first health check was at 8 weeks. Therefore, this condition was either missed from his first health check, or ignored by the breeder. Either way, the condition was certainly present before we took ownership. It's a hereditary condition. I've had three quotes from different vets for removing the tooth which range from £350 from Vets4Pets to £1000-£2000 for a dental vet specialist. The hope is that, if the puppy tooth is removed early, the adult tooth will grow in normally. If it doesn't, however, the costs could be around £2,000 for treatment on his adult canine. I've given the breeder the time he asked for to consider his options. His final offer was a full refund if we return our puppy. This isn't something we want to do as we are already so attached to him. Legally, it would also create us significant inconvenience, as a replacement isn't forthcoming - or even possible. He has refused to contribute to the cost of treatment, admit any kind of liability, or give us a partial refund and allow us to keep our puppy.   From what I've read, tier two of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 may apply - and we could argue that a the return and refund offered would cause us 'significant inconvenience' and that the puppy was misrepresnted as healthy, and therefore a partial refund is in order. Again, any advice on whether I may have a case, if I take it to the small claims court, would be really appreciated.   Thanks so much.  
    • I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of time at the moment. Please will you read around the other Hermes stories – if you haven't done so already. There are some suggested letters of claim in those. We don't have a template for this and I would suggest that you draft your own letter of claim and post it here before you send it. Also, make sure that you read around the forum about taking a small claim in the County Court and that you know all the steps. You can be certain that you will have to issue the papers. You can be certain that Hermes will ignore your letter of claim and they will only start taking you seriously once you have issue the court papers. This means that if you send the letter of claim giving them 14 days then on the fifteenth day you must issue the papers. Otherwise don't bother. Don't bluff. Be aware of your risk factors – which are that if you lose, then you won't get your money back and also you would have lost your claim fee – and if they push you to pay an allocation fee – which is quite likely – you will lose this as well. For the present claim fees and allocation fees, please have a look at the court services website. However you are probably looking at something in the region of about hundred pounds or so all told for a claim of this value. If you succeed then you will get your money back, plus interest plus your costs. We do our best to advise you here that you have to realise that the end of the day it is your risk. As I've already said, it is an extraordinary industry – because they will do it – which requires you to pay delivery fee and then if they don't carry out their side of the contract for some reason rather they don't have to offer any redress to you at all – often on the basis that you didn't ensure them against their own negligence. This is an extraordinary state of affairs. The whole industry does it this way and it seems to be a culture which has been accepted for a long time – maybe 30 or 40 years – so that now consumers think that that's the way it is. It's really quite surprising that this hasn't been directly addressed in legislation – but it hasn't. Instead you will have to fall back on the unfair terms provisions in the Consumer Rights Act. Post a draft of the letter of claim and we'll have a look at it later on
    • I agree. They are putting you back in the position you'd have been if they'd said what they should have ( "We can upgrade you to Sky Q. You'll need a new dish to use Q. If you want to revert to the non-Q system in future it'd need to be a 'hybrid' dish that supports both".)   I don't think you can realistically expect more.
    • but not related to this a/C  i bet the sar will reveal the real truth of what the balance really is made of.   even if this did result in a speculative DCA court claim. we don't lose many OD claims here.   dx  
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
       
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
       
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
       
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
       
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
       
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
       
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
       
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
       
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Juicyluce

Solicitors holding surplus money

Recommended Posts

Hi,

my house was repossessed in April last year and sold in the July. After a long wait and lots of messing about it finally completed in February and the new people moved in.

The surplus amount after all was paid off has still not been paid to me and the solicitors keep Fobbing me off with diff reasons every time I call.

The main reason given was they were waiting for a stair casing document from the housing association. When I called the housing association legal team the told me everything was sent and it wouldn’t of completed without these documents. When I called the mortgage solicitors back and asked again they told me they were still waiting for it. So how can they completed the sale and pay off the mortgage provider and the housing association but withhold my money?

Today I called again and they said they have received  the document today but need to send it to some other department.

The buyers have been living in the house for over a month now and all have been paid except me. 
They also said they sent a breakdown of all the transactions to me but sent to the old address so now I have to email them permission to send to me again at my new address.

I haven’t had any information sent and they never call me back. I have been chasing this everyday now and still getting no where. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

complain to the SRA about the deliberate delay and the pettifogging just to earn fees for their work. It is called " churning".

You should also ask for interest on the monies held on deposit, they have to pay iy if above a certain sum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...