APCOA 2xPCNs - Dartford Railway Station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with two infringements here.

05/11/19, and 07/11/19.

They are both identical paperwork which I have attached in merged PDF format.

I will deal with only one here for the purposes of this forum-(The infringement of 05/11/19).

I am not sure that the land in question is owned by the rail company ?

In both, the PCN to me exceeded 14 days ( NOT windscreen).

You will note in their reply to challenge that they are not using POFA so they will prob claim that this does not matter.

I have attached a letter that I am considering sending them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 Date of the infringement 5th November 2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 2nd December 2019

3 Date received 13th December 2019. I was on holiday until then.

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]  NO

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes - see attached documents

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] Yes - I had not seen this forum at that time.

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Yes - see attached documents

7 Who is the parking company? APCOA

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Dartford Railway Station Car Park - Victoria Road, Dartford Kent ( not sure it is raileway land ? )

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA / IPC

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here PCN ( both sides), their Reply to my Appeal, Demand for payment x 2

- Only one attached (other is identical to the first) as PDF's in one document.

File size would not allow both.

554_Redacted_Basic_Paperwork.pdf

Use pdf reducer in upload guide

stop scanning in such a high resolution

the land is covered by byelaws

who told them to appeal??

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They can say what rubbish they want, but the POFA is a law.  They don't know who the driver is, they haven't followed the POFA, so no keeper liability.

Then it's a prohibition.  Plus bye-laws apply.  So you won't be paying a red cent..

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok my post meant to say, like your s, is it covered by byelaws?

i dont think so..

all is not lost no

await if/when letter of claim

can you get photos of all the signs/clear wording/location please??

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Confused 

My ticket has not been issued within 14 days – does that make it invalid? 

http://www.knowyourparkingrights.org/News/faq#7

The timeframe of 14 days only applies if the operator is relying on the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.  If the operator has not mentioned the use of the legislation within their notice, then they do not have to stick to the timelines stipulated within the Act.  This usually applies to tickets issued using ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition). 

Funny that the charge has now increased to £150 and they are quoting Beavis v Parking Eye where it was decided that £85  was not unconscionable. £150 looks like a penalty and so is unenforceable.

Just a point of clarification. The NTK does not need to be delivered before the 14 day period. But they cannot then rely on POFA to sue the keeper. They can only take the driver to Court if they know their name. So never reveal the driver and you should be ok.

Another reason not to appeal is that the parking companies think that you will be worried when your appeal is rejected. So they up their threats thinking that you will be more likely to pay than some one who couldn't be bothered to appeal. The latter they think will be harder to get to pay so go for the easy ones.

POFA regulates the ability of a company that manages car parks to issue demands from motorists and to create a keeper liability AS LONG AS CERTAIN CONDITIONS ARE MET

Now parking is a fairly simple matter of contract law but the POFA says the parking co has to issue the correct sort of demand or there is no liability for anyone to pay them. Thos, if they have done it correctly applies to the driver as they were the ones reading the contract and parking the car.

If the parking co doesn't know who the driver is then they CAN create a keeper liability by following a prescribed course and part of that is issuing a notice in the correct period. If they dont jump through these hoops then they can only chase the driver and they will have fallen foul of the GDPR and the KDOE contract they signed up to with the DVLA.

Now by appealing and identifying the driver the keeper conditions of the POFA are negated and it wouldnt matter of you told them you were the driver 2 days or 2 years after the event, the effect is the same.

So the question you need to answer about these demands is what EXACTLY did you put in the appeals?

Now the plus side of their NTK is it fails to create ANY liability because they didnt use the key phrases to create one.

Basic accounting errors but that wont stop them chasing you and I have yet to see a court claim defended solely on this basis and wouldnt risk it either as judges seem to understnad the keeper liability bit but havent digested the rest of the Act fully yet.

Appealing will have encouraged them to think you are going to pay so lets see all fo the correspondence and we will advise accordingly

• 2 weeks later...

i've sorted the file for you

so didn't i'd the driver

well done

dx

and they

await lba or letter of claim om either.

and they