• Tweets

• Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
    • This is simply a scam site.  It's been shown to be a scam in the national press and on national TV. Please fill in the the forum sticky and upload the invoice you've received. In fact what you have is an invoice, not a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines.  
    • Moved to the Private Parking forum.
    • Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard Default While in A DAS (Scotland) ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, could someone advise me on this please. 

I was placed in to a DAS in 2009 with various debts and companies one of which was Barclaycard, and thankfully the DAS completed earlier this month March 2020.

I recently tried to get credit while in the DAS (2019) but either turned down or given interesting terms which I did not question since I was in a DAS! 

I checked my credit file after I recieved my discahrge letter from the Accountant in Bankruptcy and was very surprised to see Barclay Card had defaulted me again in March 2018 saying I owed them £300.00. 

Now, none of the accounts in the DAS had been used and equally I have no cards therefore can't use them.

Equally, I have no credit cards or debt other than a mortgage for my house which is up to date and was never defaulted.

What course of action should I take to get this default removed and can I go after Barclaycard for compensation as it appears this default has had a severe impact of my credit score?

Thank you for your help

debt arrangement scheme

all debts you included in the DAS should has been defaulted when you entered the scheme or already have been defaulted.

so this new Barclays one should not ever have been registered.

write to them, give them 14 days to remove it or you will be opening a serious complaint with the ICO and seeking financial compensation without any further warning once the 14 days have expired, should they fail to respond.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx and thank you the prompt reply.

I have written to them on the 24th Feb, 2020 asking more or less exactly that and guess what? No reply.

Also, I sent it signed for so I know they have received it.

Is it worthwhile waiting for the 8 week deadline and going to the FOS or is that a waste of time?

And will the ICO really be able to do anything?

Court action would be my favourite but not sure just how to go about that.

Cheers

more or less?

what did you send and to whom?

PDF please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, attached is the leter I sent minus my name, account number etc.

XXXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXXX

24th February 2020

Barclaycard House

1234 Pavilion Drive

NORTHAMPTON

NN4 7SG

Dear Sirs

Reference Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My Previous Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With reference to the above account I write to formally complain regarding a default which you placed on this account in 2018.

The account was originally defaulted in 2008/2009 and subsequently placed into a Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) in 2009.  You will no doubt be aware that a debt cannot go into a DAS unless it has already been defaulted.

My DAS came to an end this month January 2020.

The account has never been used and as mentioned been in a DAS yet you defaulted the account in 2018 and placed this default on my credit file.

I now request you remove from my credit file and explain your rational for the default.

If do not hear from within the next 14 days I will take further action to remedy this situation.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully

done it for you.

I would be writing again as you made a threat of 'something' and didn't follow thru nor state what that was.

specifically mention the old default

the DAS and

that a debt cannot be defaulted twice as the first default notice terms were not complied with yourself so stand.

14 days ico blah blah. as I said

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Help With A Default While in A DAS (Scotland)

Topic moved to  Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum.

Please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi All, well a very quick result.  As well as doing the aforementioned I also contacted my DAS administrator to help me with this issue.  They said they would also contact Barclaycard that day but advised it would take days if not weeks to get an answer from Barclaycard.

Well, today I received an email advising my credit score had altered.  After checking, the default has been removed and now there is no adverse information sending my score very much higher than it was.

Thank you again for all your help.

Very best

Gamekeeper

see do it properly with the right bullets and it always works.

don't forget to donate to keep us here.please

dx

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Barclaycard Default While in A DAS (Scotland) ***Resolved***

Well done GK...topic title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread