Barclaycard Default While in A DAS (Scotland) ***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone, could someone advise me on this please. 

I was placed in to a DAS in 2009 with various debts and companies one of which was Barclaycard, and thankfully the DAS completed earlier this month March 2020.

I recently tried to get credit while in the DAS (2019) but either turned down or given interesting terms which I did not question since I was in a DAS! 

I checked my credit file after I recieved my discahrge letter from the Accountant in Bankruptcy and was very surprised to see Barclay Card had defaulted me again in March 2018 saying I owed them £300.00. 

Now, none of the accounts in the DAS had been used and equally I have no cards therefore can't use them.

Equally, I have no credit cards or debt other than a mortgage for my house which is up to date and was never defaulted.

What course of action should I take to get this default removed and can I go after Barclaycard for compensation as it appears this default has had a severe impact of my credit score?

Thank you for your help

debt arrangement scheme

all debts you included in the DAS should has been defaulted when you entered the scheme or already have been defaulted.

so this new Barclays one should not ever have been registered.

write to them, give them 14 days to remove it or you will be opening a serious complaint with the ICO and seeking financial compensation without any further warning once the 14 days have expired, should they fail to respond.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Dx and thank you the prompt reply.

I have written to them on the 24th Feb, 2020 asking more or less exactly that and guess what? No reply.

Also, I sent it signed for so I know they have received it.

Is it worthwhile waiting for the 8 week deadline and going to the FOS or is that a waste of time?

And will the ICO really be able to do anything?

Court action would be my favourite but not sure just how to go about that.

Cheers

more or less?

what did you send and to whom?

PDF please

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, attached is the leter I sent minus my name, account number etc.

XXXXXXX

XXXXXX

XXXXXXX

24th February 2020

Barclaycard House

1234 Pavilion Drive

NORTHAMPTON

NN4 7SG

Dear Sirs

Reference Account Number:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My Previous Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With reference to the above account I write to formally complain regarding a default which you placed on this account in 2018.

The account was originally defaulted in 2008/2009 and subsequently placed into a Debt Arrangement Scheme (DAS) in 2009.  You will no doubt be aware that a debt cannot go into a DAS unless it has already been defaulted.

My DAS came to an end this month January 2020.

The account has never been used and as mentioned been in a DAS yet you defaulted the account in 2018 and placed this default on my credit file.

I now request you remove from my credit file and explain your rational for the default.

If do not hear from within the next 14 days I will take further action to remedy this situation.

I await your response.

Yours faithfully

done it for you.

I would be writing again as you made a threat of 'something' and didn't follow thru nor state what that was.

specifically mention the old default

the DAS and

that a debt cannot be defaulted twice as the first default notice terms were not complied with yourself so stand.

14 days ico blah blah. as I said

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Help With A Default While in A DAS (Scotland)

Topic moved to  Dealing with Debt in Scotland Forum.

Please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi All, well a very quick result.  As well as doing the aforementioned I also contacted my DAS administrator to help me with this issue.  They said they would also contact Barclaycard that day but advised it would take days if not weeks to get an answer from Barclaycard.

Well, today I received an email advising my credit score had altered.  After checking, the default has been removed and now there is no adverse information sending my score very much higher than it was.

Thank you again for all your help.

Very best

Gamekeeper

see do it properly with the right bullets and it always works.

don't forget to donate to keep us here.please

dx

and they

• AndyOrch changed the title to Barclaycard Default While in A DAS (Scotland) ***Resolved***

Well done GK...topic title updated.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread