You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx   https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/factsheets/Pages/debtrelieforders/droadvice.aspx
    • I would have thought it easier in small claims.  Your wife very kindly and considerately wrote to her employer offering more notice than she was obliged to do.  No doubt she had the best interests of her employer in mind and wanted to give them adequate time to plan ahead and find a replacement.  To her amazement, her employer took advantage of her kindness and unreasonably treated her notice as taking immediate effect, blah, blah blah.   Personally, I think an argument like that is quite likely to succeed in small claims where they won't be accustomed to arguing the niceties of employment contracts.  It's obvious your wife is being taken advantage of.   Again, I think you are more likely to get an even-handed and fair hearing in small claims than at an ET.   However, I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not an employment lawyer.  See what others advise and whether anybody else thinks it would be easier and more likely to be successful simply to sue.  (Oh - and remember if you want to sue them for the money you've got six years to do so, whereas the time limits for ETs are ridiculously tight.  Can't remember off the top of my head but is it something stupid like 60 or 90 days?  Ridiculous).   Of course there may then be issues about getting future references from them.  But if you go down the ET route that'll likely be a problem anyway.    
    • say i was going to write to all these about the debts and try get deal to reduce monthly payments and stop all interest do I write to them first or do I stop payments then write to them ?   Same if I was going for a DRO do I just sort out and apply for that first or stop all payments then apply for it .   Also I see for a DRO it says ive got to go through  an authorised debt adviser so who do i go to about this and at moment we still on lockdown here in wales and not many places open .   Last off ive asked regarding pro rata forms and still cant find any 
    • Yes but I think in a small claims court it will be far harder to prove. I have plenty of evidence to discredit the Director but again it could still not be enough.   She will be a month with no money and I think it’s far more risky than a tribunal where this action alone could result in the desired outcome.   I have said to her to request a face to face meeting to enable both parties to conclude, ideally resolve and at that point we can decide what action we wish to take.    
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
king100

Lowell and vanquis debt.

Hi

Received a letter before action so sent a CCA request back

They have returned with a digital signature application form but there is nothing stating the credit limit, % Apr.

1.Is this enough for them to proceed to court?

On another note, I am in the process of moving house,

1. Do I legally need to inform them of me moving house?

2. If my mail is returned to them but they issue court proceedings to my old house and I dont get the paperwork, does that reset the time? ie if I left appealing the CCJ until after the 6 years?

3. How do you defend digital signatures?

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

you should have replied as post 2 here by asking for advice first.

whats the debt all about please?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Posted (edited)

Its for a credit card.

I thought that a CCA request would then have all the details ie statements terms and conditions etc.

Do I need to SAR them instead?

1st Letter Received

So sent request.

Lowell.pdf

This is their reply

Edited by king100

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

that's not a letter of claim.

dx

Whats the next step as there isnt much to go on?

well the paperwork is crap and has lost them quite a few court cases where they've taken these vanquis card debts to court if you use our search.

so they've yet to issue a letter of claim.

so that night be their next step..