Parking Eye PCN for Aldi, Kingsbury

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received parking charge notice for overstaying in the car park. 

I have also been offered the discounted amount if I pay earlier. 

However I couldn't find anywhere in the notice mentioning what is the allowed time so it is hard for me to tell by how much I overstayed.  

Usually private parking places have some time limits and I know overstaying is chargeable but I want to find out if this is genuine or legitimate and I have to pay this?

and if not what are the consequences?

Looking forward for the responses. 

Please see attached PCN that I received.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've removed your attachment because it had your car registration in it. We recommend staying anonymous here so you might want to make sure the pdf doesn't have any of your personal details and redact it.

Best, HB

I've edited your thread title to show more information.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to Parking Eye PCN for Aldi, Kingsbury

Welcome to the Forum. I wouldn't worry too much about the PCN. Assuming they have permission to erect signs in the car park [and many of them don't] it is normal for the Council when approving permission for the signs that they also stipulate the times 

motorists can stay. The Council times tend to be longer than the car parking companies want [it reduces their chances of ripping off motorists] so thet alter them down which means that they cannot enforce those times.

To help us give you the best advice to avoid payment could you please complete this-

Also if you could repost your PCN fully redacted we can see if they have any hope of you paying them a penny.

Certainly fill in the sticky that lookinforinfo posted.

Also, belt & braces, as we have had some successes on the forum recently where motorists got the supermarket to force the PPC to cancel, get on to Lidl, tell them you were a genuine customer and demand they get this charge dropped.  Attaching a receipt would be best, if not card statements or even remembering what you bought & the approximate date/time you were there.  If the local Lidl is uncooperative then escalate quickly to area manager and then CEO level.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Parking Eye in Aldi usually specify 1 1/2 hours and in some an enter your reg no terminal in the packing area that people often miss.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Aldi usually own the land so looking up the planning decision fo parking for the site is straightforward. It will either be in tha application or the consent and cant be changed without them reapplying for a new planning permission. That makes most fo the parking co's demands ILLEGAL rather than just a nuisnace when it i in the planning papers

Please see below my answers to the required questions.

For PCN's received through the post [ANPR camera capture]

please answer the following questions.

1 Date of the infringement

07/03/2020

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date]

12/03/2020

[scan up BOTHSIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] - Already provided

3 Date received

14/03/2020

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?]

Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event?

Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal]

No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

N/A

7 Who is the parking company?

Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town]

ALDI Kingsbury

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

I always enter my Reg number at ALDI and did that for this incident as well but unfortunately I don't keep receipts.  I will try to get in touch with manager in store and see if I can get some help.

debit card bank statement will have payment

that's good enough proof

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I realised that the day I stayed long was the very busy day it was full of queue in the car park as well as on the shopping floor so I spent some time there but didn't really shop there as it was too busy (down to the situation now a days) so I bought some items from different shop and came back.  Although I did enter my Reg number. 

I also met the manager today at that store who said If I can show the proof of purchase they may be able to help which I don't have.  Is there a way out of this situation or I must now pay it?

Thanks.

you don't pay it regardless..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

further I found out today when I went there that the parking is for both The Gym Group and Aldi and on notice it says ALDI customers should enter reg to qualify for 1 and half hours free parking and The Gym Group customer should enter reg to qualify for  hours free parking. 

Is there any ground on which it is possible to win?

who limited it to 1.5hrs...not the council when they granted the original planning permission.

no-one can change that.

dx

and they

That difference might be the clincher, is it a private or Council Gym?  The 3 hours is likely to be what was stipulated in the Planning Permission for the Aldi Parking Eye always stick in their own lower limit as they wouldn't make any money otherwise.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Go look on the relevant councils webportal planning section

doesnt matter who owns the gym.....

and they

Its just that the planning for both gym and Aldi have a minimum 3 hours stipulated Does Parking Eye infest both car parks?

If its common carpark might be an unfair term to limit Aldi customers to half the allowance for the Gym on the same car park, definitely needs ericsbrother to have a look in, can of worms with that signage.

Can you get a picture of the signs at the entrance to the car park, that also has a bearing on what is on the signs around the car park, and whether there is an offer of a contract, whether one can be formed, as in ANPR checks vehicles in and out, and having read the sign, the driver decides they don't want to park as they don't like the idea of entering a VRM in a terminal so leave without parking or entering VRM, Parking Eye WILL then issue invoice conveniently ignoring the minimum 10 minutes grace allowed.

if one area is 3hrs the others can't be anything less...think about it..

and they

Exactly DX,  cannot be selective  over the times, as in what if they make a clerical error mixing the two terminals and invoicing Gym customers for overstaying the Aldi limit. bet ericsbrother will monster this one PE can claim all the Beavis they like but they are on a very sticky wicket/.

car park is definitely a shared car park as I visit that place quite often and parking slots are for both Gym and ALDI no separate markings stating this is for ALDI and this is for GYM

I will capture the sign at the entrance when I get chance to go there next. 

however the third image I provided in post 20 was the one from the entrance and also right at the place where PTN captured the image of my car showing arrival time. 

When I go there next time I will double check if there is any other sign before that.

Thanks.

Think the sign is pants, the Gym Group 3 hours is at top, and buried below in pring not readable from car, says Aldi 1 1/2 hours.  Think ericsbrother might have some thoughts on ths, but it cannot be selective,.

I also tried to find planning permission related info through council website and it gave me so many planning permissions when searched by ALDI's post code so not easy I will say is there any easy way to find out?

Does any one know when @ericsbrother will be able to help?  today is the last day of the discount I have been offered so it's do or die.