Company hasn't paid tax - PAYE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, 

I've been looking through my payslips and noticed the company I worked for hasn't paid any tax! I was employed as PAYE, I don't believe I gave them a P45 or P60 when I first started and spoke to HMRC who claim its my responsibility. 

Surely when you work as PAYE it's the companies responsibility for paying my tax? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

44 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

Thanks Andy,

I've had a read and I guess I need to wait untill HMRC calculate my tax this April before I can complain to them about my employer. 

Also my employer never used a tax code since the start of my employment which I assume isnt "taking reasonable care" as they should have used one from the start of my employment 20 weeks ago? 

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/03/2020 at 12:46, Etsranged said:

Hi, 

I've been looking through my payslips and noticed the company I worked for hasn't paid any tax! I was employed as PAYE, I don't believe I gave them a P45 or P60 when I first started and spoke to HMRC who claim its my responsibility. 

Surely when you work as PAYE it's the companies responsibility for paying my tax? 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thanks

did the company show tax being deducted on your payslip?and is there a tax code?

you didn't notice getting way too much money? 

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Thanks for the replies! 

No they didn't take any tax at all but they had a tax code from the start. 

I didn't, I rarely checked the payslips because when I'm working on PAYE I expect the company to do PAYE. 

I spoke to HMRC gonna have to put a compla in when I get the forms, as I don't believe the company took reasonable steps to pay the tax. 

14 minutes ago, Etsranged said:

Thanks for the replies! 

No they didn't take any tax at all but they had a tax code from the start. 

I didn't, I rarely checked the payslips because when I'm working on PAYE I expect the company to do PAYE. 

I spoke to HMRC gonna have to put a compla in when I get the forms, as I don't believe the company took reasonable steps to pay the tax. 

At the end of this if you have not had the tax deducted then you owe HMRC tax and will have to pay it. 

There could have been a case if tax was deducted and not paid to HMRC, the complaint against the company seems to be that they are possibly incompetent and they may not have paid any Employers NI, you will will also have to pay employee NI on top of any Income Tax not paid.

Do you still work for the company have you asked them why?

Not anymore, I think they were just incompetent. I have come to the same conclusion unfortunately. I will still complain though. 

I'm not impressed with their actions especially during this covid nonsense when I can't get no work anyway and 12 months to pay off the tax underpayment is shit. Might aswell get prepared for her majesty's pleasure. 

Sorry they paid NI not tax

yes. Did you earn over £12,500  with that employer during the year?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

So there's no tax payable anyway.... nothing to see here!