Creation/Shoosmith Claimform - old Flybe Card - Now N244 to lift stay and request SJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

gone 4pm courts are closed now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

managed to speak to someone who said they did try to call me on my landline but nothing rang, I have a Blink camera situated near the phone which hasn't picked up the phone ringing. It has picked up me entering my house at 1431hrs which is evidence I was on my property awaiting this call. I've been told I need to phone the courts tomorrow.

1 hour ago, webbscatering said:

getting very worried no phone call yet and I'm trying to phone the courts from another mobile

What for ...why ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 05/06/2021 at 13:26, webbscatering said:

the hearing date is 17th June, still trying to draw up my witness statement so in my post #55 that's all I can come up with to put into my statement but not much of a legal challenge.

court hearing to decide upon if the judge should grant the N244

do wake up at the back..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There was no hearing...the claimant didn't request one. (see N244 application notice) but if you had received the documents on time from the court you could have objected to the application given it was made 5 months after the stay was imposed.

See the instructions at the foot of upload Untitled 28.

This is something you must raise in your statement after allocation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Been away for a couple of weeks and came home this letter from the courts Dated 6th July. Looking back on my previous posts it was safe to say I was in a panic because I didn't receive the call from the courts due to some technical problem.

The last comment where it says "failed to notify the courts of an alternative phone number" I have attached a copy of an email sent 30hours prior to the hearing with an alternative number to my landline number.

Also I have attached a screenshot of my partners phone of me trying to contact the courts on the day because some half hour had passed without hearing from the courts.

Can I appeal this?

docs3.pdf

Send them an email and attach your proof that  its the courts error and that the judgment should be set a side without need of an application or fee from yourself.

Andy

• 1 month later...

so...what happened ...you never came back.

and they

Hi everyone so far I have had no reply from the courts after sending four emails and posted two letters, I’ve tried phoning but always held up on queue.

Also filled out and sent a financial statement to Shoosmiths about two weeks ago and followed up with a letter, asking if they are in receipt of my paperwork… so far no response.

I was actually coming back to CAG tonight to see who I should complain to regarding the courts.

many thanks

Is there any chance you can visit the court and enquire ?

Finally a reply back from HM Courts & Tribunal Service which is good news I think?

Although I'm a bit confused as to what paragraph the judge is referring when they quote about two clear days!

Cheers

Webb

HM Courts & Tribunal Service reply to set aside.pdf Notice of Hearing of Application edited.pdf

Not really...they want you to make a further application to set a side the order of 12th May 2021 pursuant to CPR 23.11.2 but that was not an Order but a Notice of Hearing with directions.

Do they mean the Order dated 6th July 2021 ? Which grants Summary judgment to the claimant ?

CPR 23.11

(1) Where the applicant or any respondent fails to attend the hearing of an application, the court may proceed in his absence.

(2) Where –

(a) the applicant or any respondent fails to attend the hearing of an application; and

(b) the court makes an order at the hearing,

the court may, on application or of its own initiative, re-list the application.

Andy

To be honest I'm not sure what any of this means, none of it makes sense.

General Form of Judgement dated 6th July states I have to pay by the 1st July the full amount plus costs, also there is nothing about contact details being sent two days beforehand.

Notice of Hearing of Application, again nothing written about contact details being sent two days beforehand.

Shoosmiths sends me a Financial Statement to be completed by the 3rd August, to date I have sent two letters asking for confirmation they have received it.

Where do i go from here?

thanks

Webb

Point 5 of the Notice of Hearing of Application refers to Practice Direction 23...23a .6 Re Telephone hearings.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part23/pd_part23a#6.2

Apologies for the late reply but extremely busy at work. Is this what being referred to as point 5

6.5 The court may order that an application, or part of an application, to which paragraph 6.2 does not apply be dealt with by a telephone hearing. The court may make such order –

(a) of its own initiative; or

(b) at the request of the parties.

What am I missing?

or does this mean I've had my one and only chance and blew it?

cheers

Webb

The Notice of Hearing does not specifically refer to a time scale of contact conformation (IE 2 days)...normally on other Notice of Hearings it does. But they have covered themselves by adding point 5 Re Practice Direction 23...23a .6 Re Telephone hearings.

Normally a court would state the days required in the directions and not expect a litigant to start looking up the relevant CPR guidance.

I think the court has messed up here and is trying to backtrack to cover its error. It will probably be best to ring the court in question and ask them to explain what is expected from yourself by the letter dated 24th Aug ?

I assume they wish you to make a further application to set a side the Notice of Hearing Application.....but that's something I have never heard of or encountered before....perhaps they can explain and state why ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon Everyone,

I did email the courts twice regarding clarification regarding the letter received from the Court tribunal and to be honest I'm none the wiser from their response. see attached

many thanks

Webby

Court Emails want clarification Sep 2021edited.pdf

Looks like you keep sending it to the Magistrate's court rather than the county court ?

• Haha 1