Chobham Central Garage/crown motor direct Ltd - Escalated claim through mcol - now told use Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1277 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, 

Bought car from Chobham Central Garage. Escalated claim through mcol against crown motor direct Ltd. Been told that they should all now be claimed against Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd instead. Anyone got any proof of this? 

Hey guys, 

Bought car from Chobham Central Garage. Escalated claim through mcol against crown motor direct Ltd. Been told that they should all now be claimed against Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd instead. Anyone got any proof of this? 

Been told that they should all now be claimed against Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd instead. 

Been told by who ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Chobham Central Garage/crown motor direct Ltd - Escalated claim through mcol - now told use Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd

Sorry but I don't understand what the FCA have to do with it.

Looking at the website https://www.chobhamcentralgarage.co.uk/ there is no mention of any limited liability company there. It seems to me that there is nothing wrong with suing them as Chobham Central Garage.

Why did you sue them as Crown Motor Direct Ltd?

Also maybe you should set out the whole story – in simple chronological bullet pointed fashion – not too much narrative please

Stated on bottom of invoice in black and white, Chobham Central Garage is a trading name of Crown Motor Direct Limited (Reg No. 09967993) 

Also the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) have no input in this, as this is merely a free Hotmail email address used. 

2 hours ago, RudeDog13 said:

That was from Mikael Shamir at the FCA . Although they're still using CMD email. 

I hope you realise how confusing this is. If it's nothing to do with the FCA that I'm not sure why it is mentioned. Who is Mikael Shamir?

2 hours ago, Andyorch said:

Been told by who ?

Andy

you haven't addressed this question

Finally, I asked you to lay the story out – and you have done that either.

And here's another question – the invoice that you received – is this invoice the contractual document or is it merely a receipt?

Looking at the internet, Chobham Central Garage is in Bagshot Road, Chobham.

There's also Chobham Motor Company at:

38 Chertsey Rd, Chobham, Woking GU24 8PQ, United Kingdom

Also at 38 Chertsey Road are Crown Automotive.

If you're suing someone it's very important to choose the right person or company because there are quite a few with similar names.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes, but if the contract was simply made with Chobham – if that is the name that they use on their website and at their premises et cetera and they only reveal that they are trailing behind a limited liability company once they give you the receipt, then you are effectively trading with the unincorporated trading name and they lose the protection of the corporate veil

Correct. I am aware where the vehicle was purchased. Chobham Central Garage, Bagshot Road, Chobham, Woking. 

On sales invoice, states at footnote, trading name of Crown Motor Direct Limited 

The FCA do NOT use Hotmail email addresses. 

Email response from Mikael Shamir, Resolution Agent, and has stated that Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd are the owning company, but have no other proof of this company, hence why I'm asking. 

Does this make it any clearer without me going into full detail?? 

post 4

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Please will you post up here an exact copy of the email which you have received from this person.

I suggest the best thing to do is to post it as a screenshot. I think this is a rather serious matter.

Also I notice that there are absolutely no reviews on trust pilot. Somebody should start putting them up

Bought at Chobham Central Garage, Bagshot Road. 

People involved

Ahmed Alwabeeb

Simon Barnett (possible) 

Noel Quail

Ahmed Silawi

Dave Cohen

Mikael Shamir

Nathan (Sales guy) 

Christopher Seymour

Now the good part. As I bought from Chobham Central Garage, on their sales invoice, it states  on the footnote that they are a trading name of Crown Motor Direct Ltd. After going through various posts on here, they have also traded as EMC, with the attached address as 8 Swift Lane. 

Upon receiving this 'new' company information, Automotive Vehicle Brokers Ltd, I've checked them out too. Owned by Christopher Seymour since October 2019, and address as 8 Swift Lane

pixlr_20200310175517209.jpg

I know, already checked them out. Just very peculiar as to why they have the same address? 

Also, this is one of the rude replies after my proposal to take things further. 

Screenshot_20200310_172216.jpg

It would be helpful if you could post the entire screenshot – as the right-hand portion of it seems to be cut off and may contain some important information.

Where is their premises and do they have assets there? Do they have stock there?

Where does the screenshot come from please?

use pdf so we get all of it

read upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is getting terribly confusing.

It seems to me that you are dealing with a firm who seems to have a number of limited liability companies underneath it with a variety of people but by and large who tend to be trading from the same address (this might be wrong) but whatever, people seem to be having difficulty and then not being able to get any redress.

From what I gather, you bought a vehicle from https://www.chobhamcentralgarage.co.uk/and on that website there is no reference to any limited liability company – no reference to any FCA regulation – nothing so as far as I'm concerned, you are purchasing the vehicle from Chobham Central Garage and I would have thought that you should have brought the action against them and when they then tried to say that you have brought the action against the wrong name you would produce all the screenshots of the website (you got those haven't you?) To show the court that actually the limited liability company is not trading with you and you have been training with an ordinary unincorporated firm and therefore you have access to the assets of all the partners in the firm and that they are not protected by the corporate veil.

I suppose that when you saw EMC on the bottom of your invoice, you decided that you should sue them – but as I understand it, the invoice is simply a receipt. When you paid, who did you pay? Whatever the case, the business is not correctly described on the website if they are relying on limited liability. It also seems to me that you could produce enough evidence from other people here and elsewhere that this also seemed to be making themselves inaccessible to claims.

If you have one your claim on this basis then you could have put in the High Court Enforcement Officers for a vigourous enforcement against their trading premises and the assets which they keep their which presumably motor cars.

I suppose that the reason you were told by somebody that you should have sued automotive vehicle brokers is that it had the effect of diverting you or causing you extra problems. I see no evidence so far that this is the company that you should have sued and I wonder whether they actually have any assets. In other words you might have sued them, you might have been successful – and then you would have had nobody to enforce anything against. More wasted money until you become so tight that you give up.

Why did you accept this? Why did you imagine that this guy who wrote to you is from the FCA? And even if he was from the FCA, what has the FCA got to do with it? 

Sorry, yes, you are correct about the screenshot. This is in fact 3 photos merged together. The middle part is photographic proof from sales invoice. Along with screenshot of business addresses which are the same. 

As for the court action, I can only take to court what I have physical proof of, and yes, I have HUNDREDS of screenshots. As well as a long long line of emails back and forth. 

Crown Motor Direct Limited
47-49 Park Royal Road
London
England
NW10 7LQ

Company Number: 09967993

Trading Names (see FCA link below): Chobham Central Garage / A.Owen Motor Group

Previous Names: (see FCA link below): Chobham Central Garage / EMC Car Sales

Director: Ahmed Al-Waheeb

Companies House link: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09967993/officers

Endole link: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/09967993-crown-motor-direct-limited

BizDb linkhttps://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/crown-motor-direct-limited-09967993/

ICO Registration Number: ZA434106
https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/ZA434106

FCA Register (Reference Number 789998): https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b0000040zjPbAAI

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Very sorry, but the screenshot you have posted above is not legible with the best will in the world.

The best thing to do is to post documents in PDF format so we can easily zoom in on them.

After you have posted screenshots, for instance, you could at least check to see whether they work rather than simply post them and walk away. It is unhelpful to you and it's unhelpful to us