CRS and Harlands Threats

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been searching the internet obsessively regarding this issue and found this forum by far the most helpful.

My story is that I joined Exercise4less a couple of years ago, I don’t have an exact date but sometime in 2016 on a 12 month contact.

In October 2018 I decided I wanted to change gyms.

I went on the Exercise4less website to cancel my membership however it would not let me do it online,

just kept coming up with an error so I rang up and cancelled over the phone. 

I was aware there was a 30 day notice period however when I went to use the gym a couple of days later I couldn’t get in,

I asked the guy in Exercise4less why it wasn’t letting me in,

he checked on the system and said your membership has been cancelled.

I replied by saying that was quick am I ok to cancel my direct debit then and he replied yes.

I cancelled the direct debit and heard nothing until February when I started getting a couple of texts from CRS just asking me to ring them urgently.

Not knowing what CRS was I ignored them presuming it was just a [problem].

Last week I received my first letter I received a letter from them and started receiving missed calls.

Bearing in mind this is the first letter I have received it reads

“Following our initial letter, we are disappointed that your account with Xercise4less is still in arrears and our fees have not been paid” and they want £213.47.

I have made no contact with CRS as I did not want to acknowledge the debt,

but wondered if it is best to respond to them in writing to get them off my back or just to keep ignoring them and hope they give up? 

many thanks

munkie! 

Wait for my colleague @slick132 to come along and give you advice.

In the meantime, it would be helpful to get screenshots of their flawed cancellation process – read our customer services guide and also the guide below it gives you advice on how to video screenshots.

You should also send the gym an SAR.

The step shouldn't be necessary – but you may as well gather the extra information because it's not difficult and doesn't cost anything and we would be interested to see it.

In future when you deal with any of these people – always get evidence. That means, screenshots, video screenshots, record calls – read our customer services guide

you cancelled ok 

no entry is proof of that.

if you didn't allow ONE payment after cancellation

simply by royal mail letter - write to harlands OFFERING the one missed payment but no admin fees

give them 14 days 

should they not accept ignore everything 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi MBiz and welcome to CAG

Can you work out the date or approx date that you :-

1. Rang up and cancelled over the phone.

2. Tried but failed to access the gym facility.

In your case there's really no need to send the gym an SAR. Harlands/CRS (they are the same outfit) will continue to make demands but nothing will happen as a result.

Ignore their demands and calls for now and we'll advise when you came back about the dates.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

That's good enough for us to work with.

I suggest a letter, typed and get a free Certificate of Posting at the PO Counter when you send it.

Dear Harlands/CRS,

I refer to my Xercise4Less membership at [town/city] gym which I joined in 2016.

I tried to cancel the m/ship via the X4Less site in mid October 2019 but was unable to complete the process. When I tried to use the gym on 23rd October 2019, I was denied access and told the m/ship had been cancelled. The staff member also said I should cancel the DD mandate, which I did the same day.

In the circumstances, I owe you nothing and will pay you nothing. I will ignore demands from Harlands, CRS or anyone else you instruct in this matter.

If you harass me with demands for gym fees and/or admin charges, I will take appropriate action.

Yours sincerely,

Ignore all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS other than letters and keep us updated.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)