Storm Dennis Interga Insurance Solutions. auto renew by hasting direct. Insurance wont pay out.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just spoke to my insurance company.

flat roof came off in storm, assessor has said that its due to wear and tear? not that if came off in the storm, I had no leaks before the storm.

2nd point, I have a ccj from 2015, how would that affect my claim?

any advice would be great. 

I can't imagine that the CC J from any time at all would affect your claim.

Which insurance company are you dealing with?

I think your best move now is to get an independent assessment of the damage. If it confirms that it is wear and tear then you may not make much further headway. If it confirms that the damages caused by the storm then I would suggest a second completely independent assessment of the damage and if that concurs with your first independent quotation that it is not wear and tear – then I think you have an excellent case to challenge the insurer. Come back here when you get this information

CCJ will depend if they asked the question about it during taking out the policy/renewal, and from then if they care or not, if they would offer a premium in the first place - most would. 

How old is the flat roof and what type of material. if it's felt and 10 years or thereabouts and the wind made it flap about, it's at the end of it's lifespan and probably wear and tear has made it fail - i.e. a good conditioned flat roof would not have failed in the winds. 

If it came off though, as in structurally blew off, it could be argued that regardless of the wear and tear, it could not withstand that amount of high winds and a good conditioned roof would not withstand the wind and that the roof had more life in it. 

If you have accidental cover, that should cover any damage caused by the ingress of water regardless. 

Policy is with interga insurance solutions. auto renew by hasting direct.

roof is about 8 years old, it came off during storm dennis, the week before was storm caira and no problems. 

when I spoke to the assessor he agreed with me, as the roof is exposed to the conditions, new felt roof, also told me to get quotes, emailed quotes to the company that is handling it.

spoke to the insurance company and wear and tear.

ccj is for 2015 not paid but again it was auto renewed by hastings.

Spoken to insurance company, and wont pay for roof, its wear and tear and not storm damage.

also wont payout for the internal damage as I have a ccj from 2015 and didn't declare it.

I pointed out that my insurance was auto renewal, but was told I should of checked it.

any advice would be great thanks.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• AndyOrch changed the title to Storm Dennis Interga Insurance Solutions. auto renew by hasting direct. Insurance wont pay out.