Solidworks - Dassault Systems - copyright infringement threats (US)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1514 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got an infringement letter in the mail. I'm in the US but I'm going to post here because it the single best forum threads going regarding Solidworks. 

There are currently two oiler thread regarding this topic, they are linked at the bottom of this post.

I received emails and a letter for the law firm Ha**ess D***ey representing Solidworks. Same exact letter as Robby212 (Post #121) in the first thread.

We have a solidworks license but it's used by my partner in another state. I installed solidworks w/ bad license to check some drawings before sending out quotes. It was literally installed for 2 weeks before I got the letter! 

I don't need it so I just uninstalled it and changed my IP and MAC address. 

I have ignored all correspondence and will continue to do so until/if I receive a letter that a lawsuit has been filed.

Fortunately my wife is an attorney and has some copyright experience. I also have dozens of immediate friends who are attorneys and can get the opinion of countless copyright attorneys. 

I don't need to use any version of solidworks  and certainly can't pay $5600 or so they want. I simply don't need it. Our vendors and my partner do all the CAD. I should have just downloaded a free solidworks viewer if such a thing exists.

I'll keep posting here if and when anything happens next. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the heads up on this.

However no need to keep on posting the same message all over the forum thank you

and we are a UK site

US laws are very diff and better suited to a US forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...