Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement - Policy Changes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My landlord has recently tried to roll out a change in the car parking policy at my apartment block. This affects the way me and my flat mate use the parking space we share.

I was wondering if i have any rights to reject the policy as its not something we agreed to when signing up for the tenancy agreement.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

In short, that only one car can be registered on the database and that if the second car that is not registered is parked in the space  then the residents will go through a certain disciplinary process resulting in the car park space being taken away from them.

If a car is parked in the space then the second car cannot be in the loading or taxi bays either. I may breach this when i am unloading my car from work and my hobbies.

thanks

I did think that, they don't call them disciplinary processes but that's essentially what they are. It's a series of written warnings and then a invitation to a meeting at their offices before finally they pull the parking space and block your access to the car park.

That sounds ridiculous. How many flats are involved and have you talked to your neighbours? You probably aren't the only people who are affected.

ETA Why are they doing this, do you have a problem with bandit parking?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes a number of others are affected and are not happy. Just wondering if i had any right to go back to them and say i wasn't adhering to the new suggested policy.

I don't know about refusing to co-operate but I'll flag your thread for stu007 on the site team who should be around later this evening or early tomorrow morning.

I did ask why they're bringing in the new policy, have you been told?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

You need to look at your basic tenancy contract to see whether it reserves the right to make any variations – and if so on what basis. If there is any room for changes then I can imagine that they would have to be reasonable changes and on reasonable grounds.

As my colleague said, the sounds Draconian. I would start off by trying to get all of the other people affected together. I'm afraid that you will probably find many of them won't have the confidence to stand up for themselves if they feel they are all alone

Hi

I agree what do any clauses stated in your present Tenancy Agreement say about parking space/allocation?

Is the car parking space part of your Tenancy Agreement or did you sign a seperate Agreement for the Parking Space?

Is there any clause in your Present Tenancy Agreement where they can change the Parking space/allocation?

Is this the Landlord or the Managing Agent that is bringing in this change?

If the car parking is part of your Tenancy Agreement (not a separate Agreement signed) then I would have expected them to have consulted with all those tenants affected before bring in a change to the clause in your Tenancy Agreement, have the done a consultation or just informed all tenants this is happening?

I agree everyone that is affected needs to get together to discuss this change and the impact it will cause all of you as tenants.

Out of interest what signage is in and around the affected car park at present and what does is state? (take pictures)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group