UKCPS MNPR PCN - no stopping - Gateway House Piccadilly Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Information requested:

1. Date of the infringement – 31/12/2019

2. Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] - 14/1/2020 (not within 14 days from the ‘offence’ date?)

3. Date received – 15/1/2020 (date of offence + 15 days)

4. Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] NO

5.  Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes a picture on the NTK

6. Have you appealed? No

Have you had a response? N/A

7. Who is the parking company? UKCPS

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Gateway House Piccadilly Manchester

So glad I did an online search and found this forum, reading a number of posts, before considering paying this parking charge!

I drove up the road, as I have done several times in the past, to drop off someone at the station.

I was stationary for less than 1 minute. 

I was not aware of the relatively new stopping charges, nor did I see any notices about them. 

I have received 3 letters so far from UKCPS (anonymised pdf file attached),

the latest being a 'reminder letter' saying I owe £130; original charge was £100, reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days.

I have not replied to any of these letters, or paid any money, as advised here, and await further possible  bailiff / solicitor letters before, as stated in the forum, getting a 'letter of claim' to which a response is required.

As registered keeper of the car at the date of the offence, and driver, I have sold the vehicle recently. 

Can I still contact the DVLA to find out if details were provided legally as per a template letter I found here? 

I will also be providing all details of correspondence to my local MP.

Thanks for the site and for helping me, and others!!!!

UKCPS_Letters.pdf

Welcome to the Forum.

You have done well not to have appealed. As they are not using POFA you must avoid revealing who was driving as they now cannot take the keeper to Court-only the driver.  

UKPCS are a  bunch of crooks who don't seem to understand parking regulations. Stopping your car to let someone off is not parking. Heck there is even provision for some cars to drop off passengers on double red lines.

There is no quick way to shake them off so you will have to endure countless letters from them, their unregulated debt collectors and their poor solicitors all threatening you with ever increasing amounts of money [mostly unlawful claims].

Then they will start sending you begging letters which means they are coming to an end. Then they will either slink off into the night or send you a Letter of Claim which you must not ignore.

If you look at other threads on here you will find on of EricsBrother's snotty letters to send them. That shows them that you are not going to pay and you are happy to go toe to toe with them. Usually they give up after that but there is no accounting for greed and stupidity with them.

In the meantime if you could get some photos of their signs, especially on entering the station and any dotting about the area that are different.

The station drop off may have its own byelaws which would be a good thing for you-would be a good idea to check with the station.

Also check with the local council on their planning portal looking for when they were given permission to erect signs and allowed the use of manual camera operators-you will probably see him/her taking photographs of other vehicles dropping off lassengers. Take a picture of them and let them see you doing it.

Without Council permission their signs are illegal which means they shouldn't be there and therefore there cannot be a contract between them and any motorist.

It is important that you ignore all letters from any of the low lifes involved unless you get the Claim letter. Then let us know asap.

Please read other threads on here especially those involving no stopping.

7 hours ago, flusterer said:

I have not replied to any of these letters, or paid any money, as advised here, and await further possible  bailiff / solicitor letters before, as stated in the forum, getting a ' letter of claim' to which a response is required.

bailiffs...you've not read that here...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Bailiffs could only be involved if several hurdles have been passed, they take you to court, you lose then you don't pay.  If you follow the advie on here you shouldn't be paying them a bean.  They always put in the court and bailiff threats to make people wet themselves and pay up even if they owe nothing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

so the first thimg to note is that they admit they are not using the POFA to create a keeper liability.

This means that they cant then access the DVLA database as they have no reasonable cause to do so and saying they believe the keeper was driving at the time wont wash.

they also write about a parking period and as they ahve to give at least 10 minutes grace period they ahve failed to show a breach of parking conditions as "no stopping" isnt an offer of a parking contract.

they know this but the only way there robbers can make money is by telling lies and chiselling people.

Now I would also question whether their location details are good enough as I have been round Picadilly and cant find their building. Mind you that is beacuse when you do an address search it comes up with Picadilly in Westminster.

As already said, they wont let that breach of the POFA stand in their way either but of course a judge will not be so slapdash

so yes, ask the DVLA who accessed your detaisl and when and thenh make a complaint to the ICO abotu the parking co and the DVLA just selling your details on without any check to see if there was a cause for them to do so. I expect that UKCPS may well be banned from accessing the KADOE system for a month just so the DVLA cna say they have done something abotu it rather than being barred from raking in millions themselves out of these frauds.

If they are not using POFA, they might send letters citing Elliott V Loake and CPS v AJH Films to contend the Keeper is the Driver.  both these cases have been kicked out numerous times as not applicable to Parking Invoices.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

As a general update

I walked along the access road yesterday and numerous new signs have been erected along the road, attached to

light posts,

and a larger on at one side of the entrance to the road,

and at the top of the road where there are barriers; see attached pictures. 

The signs are larger and with larger lettering and explicitly mention DVLA.

This might be interpreted as an acknowledgement that their previous signage was inadequate.

Notices.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPS, Gateway House Piccadilly Manchester

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPS MNPR PCN - no stopping - Gateway House Piccadilly Manchester
  • 2 weeks later...

I have received the attached letter (anonymised) today from, "Debt Recovery Plus" requesting payment of £160 by 30/3/2020 or they will recommend their client to take court action.

Am I correct to ignore this latest bullying letter, as suggested elsewhere in the posts here, and wait for a formal letter of claim?

I feel like telling them where to go, and why, but am restraining myself.

The letter does mention (bottom of page 1) a recent supreme court decision about parking charges. Is this case relevant to a 'no stopping' case such as mine?

I have also written to the DVLA, using a template letter from this forum, requesting information on requests from companies for my details, and await a reply.

All advice gratefully received.....................everyone keep safe and healthy at this challenging time.

Thanks.

DRP_130320.pdf

beavis means nothing

a dca is not a bailiff

we could recommend you use DAZ washing power..would you?

and they

Beavis turns on its facts, it is used as a frightener by PPC's to justify their invoice, but is not applicable to the majority of cases.

• 1 month later...

Hi

For updated information, please find attached 2 letters (anonymised) received from DRP this month on the 7th and 28th.  It seems like they are really, really concerned about my welfare becuase of COVID-19, firstly giving me extra time to pay them £160 and then offering me a "generous" £14 discount!   Am in no response mode until a formal LOC is received.

Times must be hard in the parking claim world!!!!!!

I also wrote to the DVLA 6 weeks ago asking them for information regarding requests for my information, using one of your template letters.  Had no response so have sent a reminder letter yesterday.

Stay safe everyyone.

DRP_070420.pdf DRP_280420.pdf

You're absolutely right to be in no response mode - a debt collector can do nothing as it's not their debt.

they have no locus standi. Read the letters carefully and they dont actually say they can or will do anything.

They get paid £15 for sending out 3 threatograms and add a big fee on top for themselves as anyone who is gullible enough to think they ave a say in anything will pay them a demand for under £200 without researching the legality of the demand.

Edited by ericsbrother

• 8 months later...

The season of COVID goodwill appears to be over as I have today received a letter from CST Law, dated 29/1/21, acting for DRP (2 page anonymised copy attached) requesting a payment of £160. The last letter I received from them was on 28/4/20!

This letter talks about court proceedings and mentions CCJs and effects upon credit ratings..........more threats I assume. They also remind me that they can commence court proceedings up to 2026!!

Also attached (anonymised copy) is a letter from the DVLA, dated 20/8/20 (I wrote to them earlier in the year but took ages to get a response, presumably due to COVID) giving details of the request for information by UKCPS; their reason was, "breach of terms and conditions of a private car park".  I did not take this any further with the DVLA.

Am I right to assume that I should carry on ignoring the letters until a 'letter of claim' is received?

Thanks.....keep safe.

DVLA_p1_200820.pdf

CST UNPAID DEBT - REMINDER NOTICE.pdf

Correct

Just dont move without informing all your creditors

• Sad 1

and they

I'm just rereading your thread.  Your post 8 is very interesting and will help both you & others in the same position if UKCPS were so stupid as to take anyone to court.  If their signage had been alright, there would have been no need to put up all the new signs - obviously the signage was pants.