Frozen bank account

Russty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had my bank account frozen by Nationwide now for over three months.

Cdd department don't help

nationwide just say they will not talk to me anymore

and the CEO of their company just passed me to some one in his department that has cut communication.

In more info.

I have a letter from my solicitor stating the money has come from selling of my home and I have receipts for every penny

still nothing from nationwide policy

so bad I have tried financial ombudsman

they are busy for next few months

so it's a waiting game

any one got any advice 

Welcomre to CAG, so that the team and Caggers can advise further, have Nationwide given any specific reason for freezing the account? You say that the proceeds from a property sale was paid in so are they alleging money laundering or some such thing?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

How much are we talking about?  Are you British?

It is about 20,000 I'm from the UK. They gave no reson for the frozon account it was all put in £1000 a day for twenty days in cash. So I gather it's a investagtion into why cash. Instalments I have proof of founds and receipts for every £1000 put in in instalments 

It might be that it was paid in over the 20 days, I'm sure BankFodder might have some thoughts on this.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The scenario you describe (both the pattern of cash AND the 'won't communicate), is compatible with if you've triggered an anti-money laundering alert.

If so, they'll have 2 competing pressures:

a) your complaints (including any about lack of communication)

b) the anti-money laundering regulations, which will include the criminal legislation, which includes 'tipping off' as an offence.

If this AML, I'd not be surprised that they aren't responding to you, rather than facing jail for saying "ohh, yes, you've triggered an anti-money laundering alert".

https://www.cms-lawnow.com/aczone/money-laundering/offences-under-poca/tipping-off-offences

(Obligatory statement to protect me and CAG: I have no direct knowledge of your situation, but am making assumptions and suggestion based on the publicly available facts on existence of anti-money laundering legislation.)

Edited by BazzaS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Russty said:

It is about 20,000 I'm from the UK. They gave no reson for the frozon account it was all put in £1000 a day for twenty days in cash. So I gather it's a investagtion into why cash. Instalments I have proof of founds and receipts for every £1000 put in in instalments 

This would have triggered their AML Procedures because of the way the transactions were done due to the way the transaction was handled. 

They will be undergoing KYC Checks again. 

Please check in with CIFAS

Have you another bank account to use?

• Like 1

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

On 29/02/2020 at 23:37, fkofilee said:

This would have triggered their AML Procedures because of the way the transactions were done due to the way the transaction was handled. 

They will be undergoing KYC Checks again. 

Please check in with CIFAS

Have you another bank account to use?

I had to go and open a new account (with a different bank lol)  and of course I'm putting very little money in now 

Better to wait it out, or if you HAVE to open another account: use only basic banking functions and no large sums, otherwise it just looks more suspicious for another AML alert.....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, fkofilee said:

Your new account maybe become useless to you if Nationwide have registered CIFAS

I have only put min just to pay some bill and that's it thank you all for your answer and talking your time to aid me in this