Backdoor Lowell CCJ - old Morses Club Doorstep loan

iempire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You and me both DX, it's bewildering as the credit file has the old address on yet the form the court sent me the other day has my new address in from before I moved in.

I have asked them to send me the claim form and address etc so playing the waiting game now both with the court and the irresponsible lending claim 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rockon:

slowly slowly catchy monkey.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your recent email.

The appropriate means of disputing liability for this matter was in response to the Claim form issued to you on January 2018. As no response was received a County Court Judgment (CCJ) in Default was entered against you on February 2018.

As this matter is subject to a CCJ you are obligated to comply with the terms set out by the Court, for £50.00 to be paid monthly.

Please note, it is your responsibility to updated all creditors of any change of address. The Claim form was served by the Court to the address held on record for you at the time,  (Old address) not the new one on the CCJ the court sent me.

As the Claim form was served at your last known address in line with the Court Rules we will not be seeking nor agreeing to have this set aside at this time.  If you intend on disputing this matter further you may wish to seek independent legal advice, as is available from a solicitor or Citizens Advice.

We ask that you keep us updated in regards to your complaint with the original creditor.

Please contact us with your intentions towards the outstanding balance. Failure to do so, and subsequently failing to comply with the terms of the Court Order may result in our client’s consideration of enforcement action which, dependent on the outstanding balance, could include one of the following:

• Warrant of Control: A County Court Bailiff will visit you at home to discuss payment of the outstanding balance.
  • Attachment of Earnings: Your employer being ordered to deduct payment from your wages.
  • Charging Order: If you own your home, securing a Charge against it so that payment of the debt will be deducted directly from the proceeds.

If you are experiencing financial difficulties, you may wish to seek free and impartial advice from StepChange Debt Charity on 0800 138 1111 or visit www.stepchange.org.uk.

If you wish to speak with a member of our team, please telephone us between 8:00am and 8:00pm Monday to Friday or between 8:00am and 2:00pm Saturday on 0113 335 3334. If you are not already registered, you can now register an account at www.lowellsolicitors.co.uk to view your transaction history, use our budget calculator, make one off payments and set up a Direct Debit.

Yours sincerely

Lowell Solicitors                                                                      

Darwin House 7 Savannah Way Leeds Valley Park West Leeds LS10 1AB

I may add that this is a response to an email I sent the other day regards the CCJ information and the email I sent was 18months after my last email to them without reply.

Testing times I know so appreciate replies may well be slow but worth a bump 

you can begin the set aside process if you like

but pers I think it would be better to let things run 

see what lowells do

and await the IRL complaint outcome.

that could also turn out to be detrimental to Lowell and the success of your setaside  

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have had a reply from the court today. 

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your email

Please be advised that the particulars of claim were provided in the below email.

I have highlighted them for you.

The claim form is computer generated and cannot be reproduced but all the information included on it is the information my colleague has given you below.

The claim was issued on the  10-JAN-2018 and the date of service was 15-JAN-2018

The claim pack was sent to the addreess (my current address that I took tenancy of in November 2018)  this was provided by the claimant on issuing their claim.

If you need help with anything else, you can contact us on the number or address below my name or on this email address.

Something is weird as my credit file has the CCJ down as my old address where I was living in February 2018.

secondly I have had the following response regards the IRL complaint 

Hi ********** we are dealing with your complaint, the reference number for your complaint is ****************. Please be assured we are investigating your concerns and will be in touch to discuss your complaint soon.

I queried the address with court and they've now came back with the following

Good Afternoon ****

I am sorry that is my mistake I gave you the address we currently have on the system.

The address the claim was issued to was ************ the actual address I was residing at in Feb 2018 and the address on the credit file 

so I'm guessing my hopes are now pinned on the IRL claim

Something is weird as my credit file has the CCJ down as my old address where I was living in February 2018.

Not the first we had a thread last week same thing.....its almost as if MCOL dont retain the address of service as on the N1.....if anything is queried they magically have your current address and state that was where it was served...I see a pattern developing.

Andy 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally had a reply.

Apologies o don't have a scanner.

I will add that my rep did not come to my door to collect the loan, I had to drive to her house or to wherever she was when I needed to meet her and her texts weren't exactly friendly in nature.

I guess I shall now need to SAR the company but then I only have 14 days to respond to their findings I believe

IRL Reply.pdf

a total load of irrelevant twaddle!!

the truth is they didn't do any checks on you at all.

off to the FOS with that now..

god whom does that idiot at morses think he is talking too a brainless child?

dx

and they

go back and read the irl sticky..

dx

and they

Forgive my ignorance but I cannot see the IRL sticky other than the one you put in post 37 on here which takes me to a post regards the ombudsman in trouble with the banks?

Sorry I'm a bit naive with all this 

post 17?

dx

and they

On 13/03/2020 at 08:25, iempire said:

I have sent CCA away and I am aware paying a default doesn't remove it.

It was a Kate payment account I payed off, sorry for the ambiguity.

I will make a complaint but my main issue is getting this CCJ off my file ASAP

That was post 17. I feel I'm missing something here and being an idiot. I do apologize

our number are diff sometimes ...but its the next post then.....

and they

FOA?

and they

what is an FOA?

dx

and they

nothing wrong with using a cheap penstick and putting all files on that ....much cheaper than printing and then heavy posting

dx

and they

Yeah, I have downloaded everything now with that in mind. Submitting online shall be much more frugal and efficient.

Just a case if filling the FOS form in when I'm home from work.

Thanks for submitting your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Please retain this email for your records.

We’re seeing a high number of people bringing complaints to us at the moment, and in light of the government’s advice about coronavirus, we’re having to work a bit differently.

This means it’s taking us longer than usual to let you know that your complaint has been received and allocated to a case handler.

We expect to be able to send a more detailed acknowledgement in the next 3 weeks.

We appreciate your patience and are doing everything we can to get an answer on your case as soon as possible.

Our phone lines are running with limited availability at the moment so please only call if your query is urgent, or it’s to let us know you’re facing financial hardship or ill health.

For more information about ways to contact us, look at our website: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact-us.

Thanks,

Financial Ombudsman Service

std reply everyone gets having put in anything to them in the last 3mts.

yes it will be a long haul, and would have been anyway.

and they