Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Received paperwork now from them prior to 30th deadline. is it worth uploading here or just send my 181 back with the draft directions from my side? 
    • Ah ok, thanks Andy. As of yet i have heard nothing from the court since i received the N180 from lowells.
    • you NEVER offer PS it opens you up to 6more yrs of harassment as you've ack'd the debt and they'll sell the rest on.   just do the CCA..   its probably very close to SB so they leave things late to get the most interest out of you. if they issue a backdoor CCJ.
    • I have received planning permission to do a loft & kitchen extension.   I have a terraced house.   Re the party wall agreed surveyor, my neighbour to the right is ok to a ‘agreed surveyor’ being appointed by me. However after I received planning permission late in 2018, my neighbour to the left instructed a surveyor.  I spoke to this neighbour last weekend explaining that i am now in a position to hopefully commence the work but that a party wall award needs to be secured. I inquired from them if we can agree an impartial surveyor preferably of my choosing, since i will be paying the fee. The wife said they'd speak to their surveyor, whilst her husband seemed hesitant.   I have now received the attached letter from their surveyor.  His remarks such as '‘after some delay' (surely it is for me to determine when i being any building work on my property having consideration of a myriad of matters), gives me pause as to his impartiality, at that he is not just money chasing.   Is a surveyor permitted to make an approach to a property owner,  re offering to be appointed as the agreed surveyor, in advance of the party wall notices being issued to the relevant neighbour?   I do not trust the impartiality of indeed integrity of this surveyor.   Both my neighbours, already have both a loft & kitchen extended kitchen, so i just don't understand why this neighbour, is seemingly trying to make this process as protracted and even more expensive as possible.   How can i convince them to use my surveyor as the agreed surveyor, short of threats of me not being cooperative of any work they may wish to undertake.   Tnanks   scan0048.pdf
  • Our picks

    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 3 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.
      I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
    • A shocking story of domestic and economic abuse compounded by @BarclaysUKHelp ‏ bank complicity – coming soon @A_Gentle_Woman. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/415737-a-shocking-story-of-domestic-and-economic-abuse-compounded-by-barclaysukhelp-%E2%80%8F-bank-complicity-%E2%80%93-coming-soon-a_gentle_woman/
      • 0 replies
    • The FSA has announced large fines against DB UK Bank Limited (trading as DB Mortgages) - DeutscheBank and also against Redstone for their unfair treatment of their customers.
      Please see the links below for summaries and full details from the FSA website.
      It is now completely clear that any arrears charges which exceed actual administrative costs are unfair and therefore unlawful.
      Furthemore, irresponsible lending practices are also unfair and unlawful.
      Additionally there are other unfair practices including unarranged counsellor visits - even if they have been attempted.
      You are entitled to refuse counsellor visits and not incur any charges.
      Any charges for counsellor visits must not seek to make profits. The cost of the visits must be passed on to you at cost price.
      We are hearing stories of people being charged for counsellor visits for which there is no evidence that they were even attempted.
      It is clear that some mortgage lenders are trying to cheat you out of your money.
      You should ascertain how much has been taken from you and claim it back. The chances of winning are better than 90%. It is highly likely that the lender will attempt to avoid court action and offer you back your money.
      However, you should ensure that you receive a proper rate of interest and this means that you should be seeking at least restitutionary damages - which would be much higher than the statutory 8%.
      Furthermore, you should assess whether the paying of demands for unlawful excessive charges has also out you further into arrears and if this has caused you further penalties in terms of extra interest or any other prejudice. This should be claimed as well.
      If excessive unlawful charges have resulted in your credit file being affected, then you should take this into account also when working out exactly what you want by way of remedy from the lender.
      You should consult others on these forums when considering any offer.
      You must not make any complaint through the Ombudsman. your time will be wasted, you will wait up to 2 yrs and there will be a minimal 8% award of interest and no account will be taken of any other damage you have suffered.
      You must make your complaint through the County Court for a rapid and effective remedy.

      Do you have a mortage arears claim to make? Then post your story on the forum here
        • Like
      • 0 replies

Income support and child maintenence

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4561 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



I recently found that i was able to claim income support. I have 2 sons and recieve child maintenence for the first born through the csa. My ex husband pays me child support but not through the csa. Apparently he has to do this through the csa. Mys ex and I are now on good terms and i dont want to rock the boat. Also he pays me on the same day a regular amount each month yet the CSA manage to C*!K my payments up most months. The lady said I can send a letter in from him stating how much he pays each month but then still says this has to go through the CSA which i dont understand why can anyone advise at all??

HSBC - 11/9/06 - prem letter sent

19/9/06 - lba sent £3391 requested

5/10/06 - MCOL

17/10/06 - offer for £1600 on one account recieved

28/11/06 - Full offer recieved


Capital one - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent for £640


Lloyds TSB - 13/9/06 -letter asking for statements sent

17/10/06 - prelim sent fro £732

Lloyds TSB - 26/9/06 - prem letter sent - £391

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi jodberry,


Where a person with care has the option/has to apply for child support through the CSA, s/he can choose to use the Maintenance Direct service. Once the CSA has assessed the amount of maintenance owed, the parents can make their own arrangements for payment. This should be a quicker method of payment and could be an option where the separated parents are on good terms. Where Maintenance Direct is chosen, letters will be sent by the CSA to both parents telling them the amount of any arrears and the date regular payment should start. If regular payments are not made as agreed, the parent with care can request that payments in the future should be made via the CSA.


So this means that they do still have to assess how much should be paid as you are receiving income support but at least by organising the payments between yourselves it is a little more friendly.


Have a look at the child support agency website, maintenance direct is listed at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Payments and Arrears - How is child maintenance paid? - Questions and Answers - Child Support Agency

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The reason that everything goes through the CSA is because maintenance payments are always deducted from the Income Support that you receive. If payments are paid by your ex to them instead of to you, they can then see exactly what you are receiving and deduct from your Income Support accordingly. Doesn't stop them stuffing it up though !


This means that it doesn't usually pay for lone parents to declare the whereabouts of an ex-partner when the money that Income Support deduct as a penalty for withholding information is less than the money received from the ex.... if you can follow that.


The only time that lone parents gain from the System is when they are in work because then, they get to keep it all. I guess that the arrangement is all part of the incentive to have us believe that all female lone parents are a mass of feckless individuals who get pregnant on purpose ! It certainly used to be portrayed like that in the press before asylum seekers became the modern lepers for the tabloids to pick on.


In reality, all they are trying to do is make fathers more responsible for the children they leave behind. However, life is rarely so black and white. Up to you whether you decide to tell Income Support about the whereabouts of your ex or not, but they will pressurise you to do so and deduct from your Benefit if you don't... which will leave your ex with all the control and that doesn't sound too good to me. Good luck.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I worked for CSA 2 years ago but presume things are still the same.

I do not think the CSA are saying the payment has to go through them they want the assessment to go through them to check your ex is paying the correct amount.

This is how it will work.

Ex will send a letter saying I pay XX maintenance.

CSA will ask him to prove his income and living arrangements i.e mortgage, renting, living with family, new partner, new kids etc

Ex sends info

In most cases CSA will say you are not paying enough you have to pay XXX.

AS Ex now pays you xxx instead of xx you don't actually get any income support anyway


As you are on good terms with your partner you need to decide if the amount you will get from income support is going to be worth pursuing.

If you are on any income related benefits i.e income support, child tax credits you cannot have a private arrangement with your Ex on how much he pays maintenance, the CSA will insist on assessing his ability to pay and decide how much.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...