Halifax not sent statements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote the initial letter asking for statements and have received the following reply:-

"Further to your recent enquiry, I regret to advise you that, having fully considered your request, we are unable to make a refund of the charges applied to your Bank Account".

What do I do now?

Did you use the template out of the library - if not, could you paste in the letter you sent. Basaically if you've sent a DPA request then they cannot refuse you. If they have then you can take further action.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

It sounds like they have sent u the wrong reply. I'm sure this has happened before elsewhere but i cannot find the thread.

I bet they have been getting so many DPA requests and that they are getting themselves all confused - aaahh shame!

Not 100% sure what you should do. How long do they have left of the 40 days?

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

If it is any help I sent my DPA letter on 20th March and by 4th April they still hadn't sent me statements, so i went into my branch.

I took a reminder letter with a cheque but just politely told the Customer Services guy that I had requested my statements but as yet had not turned up. He punched a few computer buttons told me that he couldn't understand why not as he could see from my initial letter held on file clearly gave authorisation to pay for this service and he re-ordered them.

I now have two sets of statements!!!

My point is sometimes it is better to just ask for them at your local branch but have a letter ready in case and get a receipt if you have to give them the letter.

I wrote the initial letter asking for statements and have received the following reply:-

"Further to your recent enquiry, I regret to advise you that, having fully considered your request, we are unable to make a refund of the charges applied to your Bank Account".

What do I do now?

Did you use the DPA request template from the library?

If so, did you send the £10 fee?

Hi

I originally phoned the customer relations number to request 6 years of statements for 2 accounts with them & was advised there was a £5 charge per account. I agreed but as it turned out, fortunatley for me the system to request them was down at the time & they asked if I could call back.

As I was passing the local branch later that day, I popped in & requested same. The women was lovely & very interested in my quest to recover 6 years of their bank charges. 6 days later I received the statements & have just prepared my Request for repayment letter with a claim for £1691!

If they continue to to be this efficient & helpful I'll have a refund no prob. However, as it gets higher up within the bank I'm sure the resistance will kick in!

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks