15 month old TV

flexeh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Our TV has been power cycling form this morning.

When it turns back on it is fine unless we press somehting on the remote or cause an interaction to take place - i.e another remote changing volume.

TV was purchased from Tesco Black Friday 2018 so its 15 months old now, its been well looked after so its annoying that its failing.

I have left it unplugged all day and came home to find the same issue.

Spoke to Tesco who quickly diverted me away to Toshiba/Vestel.

To be honest the company dealing with it for me on behalf of Tosh/Vest have been good so far, they think it might be a software issue causing it and have requested firmware from the manufacterer to send me by email

- unfortunately may take a day to sort.

So theres a chance over night that the TV tried to update and this is a result

Surely a tv should last longer than 15 months - its been looked after and even got the cellophane still on the corners lol! If it is software and it still isnt fixed, does that give me a better chance or getting it sorted rather than a hardware failure. Paid by current account not CC.

TV is a Toshiba 49V5863DBT

Thanks

I would say that a brand-new television should almost always last more than 15 months.

How much did you pay for it?

Yes – let's see if it all gets fixed and if the dealer is helpful.

In terms of your rights, you are entitled to buy goods which are of satisfactory quality and remain that way for a reasonable period of time. Satisfactory quality is basically the quality that a reasonable consumer would be entitled to expect given the nature of the product, description – price paid and any other circumstances.

So the question here becomes whether a reasonable consumer would expect to pay £269 for a new television every 15 months.

Another way to look at it is – if the manufacturer or seller advertise the television and said "by this television for £269 and it will last you a full 15 months – after which it will stop working and you will have to replace it" – would anybody buy one?