Cabot/Ruthbridge chasing 13 Year old Capital One debt!! ***Resolved***

listless
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm very odd I wouldn't have anything of that sort with Barclays, how ever I did have credit cards with Them long ago though another SB case perhaps though I don't know how that would tie in

someone died you don't know about....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You might have inherited and they cant find you....or they checked and your the wrong Mr Listless

https://www.fraserandfraser.co.uk/missing-beneficiaries-found/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Wrong Mr listless ..I like that . . Anyway no one could have died without me knowing only my mum's relatives live here all my dad's side are dead and long gone...

However now that did spring a bulb on my mind ....

earlier last year I did get a letter about PPI from Barclays,

I called them to say they were mistaken I didn't have PPI , to find out that it was for a catalogue account in the group apparently I had PPI on that as it was barely used , I said I wasnt interested

the woman was adamant and saying I do not have to give any details only the reference numbers on the letters and if it due they will send me a cheque addressed in my name, u smelled a rat and declined it ( one of the catalogues tried to do me over once while I wasn't in the country ), and she said she take me off the system and I wouldn't receive any further communication.

That was probably that entry in the first part of 2019,

The new ones use another initial still one of my initials Though ,

since no more PPI and no relatives ( unless someone took fancy on me)..

most bizzare but who knows I only hope it's not one of those pests 

was the letter from Barclays?

sounds like a ppi reclaims fleecer firm to me?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes the letter was from Barclays early last year before the PPI deadline ,but no letter for the 2 latest searches, and I have referred back to that saved copy of the credit file from 2014 and I have had a Barclaycard with those initials  and the search btw is from Barclays apparently

Edited by listless

I would suggest this is a plevin commission PPI payout.???

and they

Thanks again dx100uk,

I guess you may be correct but why would they run searches in November last year and again this year after I specifically told them I wasn't interested in pursuing this , and they told me it will be closed at the terminating of the call and I would receive any more communication . Besides I thought this PPI claiming deadline has passed now it was on TV a lot last year. The reason being I have had cc from them .

if it is a plevin refund, it's not a  PPI reclaim, it's the original creditor paying back what they have been mandated to do by the FCA.

Customers initialising complaints about PPI mis-selling yes did cease last august, however that doesn't absolve creditors from not paying back the total unlawful commission they might have gained If they got a commission backhander of greater than 50% for selling the policy to the customer.

the process of them wanting to give this back will be somewhat automated as the money will be sitting there and it's yours.

and they

On 28/02/2020 at 10:19, Andyorch said:

To whoever sent you the letter in post #1...Cabot or Ruthbridge ?

The only point I would add to end of the letter is that they update all the files with your current address.

Andy

I

Fear I have made a mistake with the SB  letter i posted ,

i  edited the letter as to what you said to add but opened up the file now to see its different auto correct / spell check i suspect has changed it

instead of " update all the files with my  current address"

what is there is completely different must be something that i had saved in to the checker it says

only update your records as to the above only ,

shall i print out another letter and post again ?

or is sending 2 letters no good?

Cabot are liars, the debt is statute barred. Nothing they can say or do can change that.

As above though, you must update them with your current address,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

55 minutes ago, listless said:

i hope they dont pay that money back to the purchasers of the debt as they haven't contacted me again

They can't they sold the debt on.

but it wouldn't reset sb even if they did.

however it could explain why the dca has written to you......

and they

1 minute ago, London1971 said:

Cabot are liars, the debt is statute barred. Nothing they can say or do can change that.

As above though, you must update them with your current address,

Many thanks for your reply , shall I send the SB letter again(only sent it yesterday) shall i send the same again to ruthbridge by adding that text to the bottom of the letter? if so  should it be in the main body of the letter or as a post script after the digitally printed name ? i was thinking of something like this,

please send all communication to my address as above on this letter please update all your files with my current address.update all your files with my current address,
should add i do not admit liability for this debt too? and re- send the SB letter

Barclays dca who?

If you put your correct address on the sb letter sent

Dont repeat send.

This why we say dont adapt our letters!!

and they

Barclays dca Lowell
 I only added i do not admit liability , but Andy said to include a note at the end of the letter to state update all their files with my current address , but spell checker has changed to "update your records as to the above only" at the bottom of the letter ,

my current address at the top is correct as they sent this letter to this address ,but Andy said they are known to send letters to previous addresses afterwards, ie: court papers as i didn't inform them when i moved away all those years ago

they have your correct address at the top.

if they do issue then that's all you need to have done to contest things.

stop worrying.

it extremely rare for lowells to sell debts on again, esp to a riva... the comment about it being a 'catalogue' doesn't fit with anything barclays, you must have heard wrong.

dx

and they

Thanks again dx100uk,

Only worried as if they issue claim I wouldn't been know till they show up at my door this is my partner's place it's her property don't won't them coming out of the blue.thats all .

About Barclays I thought  the woman on the phone said the catalogue was owned by the group. 

But the cc' s were owned by Lowell's and when it was showing on the CRA back then was showing as Lowell's and Barclays too had entries but was showing as settled for the same accounts possibly because they sold them?

listless

they HAVE YOUR ADDRESS

you wrote to them FROM IT

and they

Why does the SB letter say without prejudice ?

Excuse my ignorance, but I have thought that means can't be used latter as evidence in a court ?

Only because Google said so didn't think too much of it till now.

Just found out wescot is also owned by cabot

wetcloths are not owned by cabot.

doesn't matter it can't be used in court.

if the debt is SB'd not even a judge can unbar a debt.

and they

As I was working myself to death trolling the net past few days I came across this 

https://www.cabotcm.com/en/news/cabot-credit-management-plc-completes-acquisition-of-wescot-as-it-secures-a-major-outsourcing-contract/

Btw I managed to locate few of my other saved credit files looks like Cabot have done traces till at least 07 /2015,  and my last default 12 /2010 

Is there anyway I can find out if anybody has initiated claims against me by contacting a court..

I know I know I do need as telling off but I remember those days well

I couldn't even afford payments for my long list of prescriptions not much better now ,

but was mentally a little bit better till last week.

yes ok sorry I forgot that acquisition, but it hasn't changed that wetcloths don't 'only' chase debts for cabot now.

they also have other clients.

the sb letter goes to cabot the debt owners or as you have their dogs..ruthbridge.

as for courts....

dca's don't contact courts..if you mean if they put in a court claim, that latterly resulted in the court sending out a claimform.

and without any contact, the claimant gaining a judgement

these would be shown on your credit file for 6yrs.

initiating a claim...will result in the above so you'd know about it, should it not have been defended, of which..ofcourse you must thus

know about!!

and don't forget anyorch's post correcting me earlier.

and they