council eviction/old rent arrears being chased.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I apologise if this is in the wrong place, please move if so. Thank you.

An eviction that took place in 2014, with rent arrears of £3,200.00 with half of that amount now paid by instalments that continue to be paid. 

My question is

will this eviction stay on public record forever?

or is it ever time spent?

and if it goes off record at any time is that only when the full arrears have been paid?  

don't think it is recorded anywhere other than with the lender.?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I thought that as it was an eviction, court order etc that it was recorded,

I ask as its asked on new tenancy applications if the applicant or anyone moving with them has been evicted in the last 7 years, and some councils will not re-home anyone or anyone that has a person moving with them if they have been evicted in the last 7  years. 

So am wondering if that's because after 7 years the eviction isn't on record.

As is an old debt dropping off records after 6 years.  

Trying to get a reduced payment on the balance of old rent arrears to get it paid off asap but the old landlord is threatening it will affect any future applications for housing if this is achieved.  If we could borrow the full amount we would and get rid of it, but we cant. 

The old landlord will never again be a landlord to us but its just if the bad experience with them will affect us in the future if we get a reduced amount and shake them off now.

Was this a private rent, or a Council or Housing Association?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi brassnecked, it was a council home.  We are no longer housed with them or in that area. 

Was just hoping to try and get the old rent arrears reduced to get them gone. 

There is nothing but memories misery struggling and fear about that time and having gotten away and living a new life it would be great to not have any dealings at all with them.  

Hi Andyorch, thank you for that. 

It would explain the whole 7 year question etc.  

👍

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,  sorry i am back again. 

a payment arrangement has been in place with this ex landlord for quite some time, they have written to ask if the financial situation has changed etc. They included a financial statement i think its called with a list of incoming and outgoings etc. 

After the eviction a payment plan was set up and has been paid regularly. Unfortunately they haven't accepted the new form that was returned to them as it is stating (truthfully) a nil income.

The reason for this is that my family member who was the one evicted who then came to live with me, isnt working or claiming anything and is my carer, i pay the extra rent and council tax which is all accepted by the UC and the council here re council tax.

Now the old landlord wants a phone call before they can agree the same amount can be paid. They are quite intimidating and she dreads the phone call, as do i. I also put a letter in with the form to confirm the situation and nobody else at all has had any difficulty in accepting it.

I am just not sure how to deal with this now, if they demand more than we have been paying will they take it to court, this is such a worry i wish we could borrow the full amount and get rid of them.

tough luck for them

not a lot they can do about it.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its a council and the woman dealing with this is has this typed below her name " former/debt/credit recovery (corporate debt)",

my family member was in a nightmare situation when they got evicted,

my only real regret for them is that they didn't come to me sooner when they could have given the home up and moved in with me, owed less and avoided eviction, but hindsight is wonderful.

We are just a bit worried that as it is a council and the eviction went through court that they will be heavy handed, the woman is very aggresive on the phone.  She demands bank statement and all sorts, very intrusive as to why we are in this position etc...

Because its a council i think we find it more scary dealing with her.

If it was a debt collector and we had been paying i wouldn't worry i would just keep on paying but this is different? 

We left our old horrible life behind and have done our best to move forward and start again, and this is such a worry as to what this woman will demand or do next.

sorry to put this here just after the last post, i forgot to add this on,  the payment arrangement has been in place since April 2014 with no issues and no updates needed before this

ruby, not being funny, but you've been here since 2009

you should NEVER be talking on the phone!!

writing ONLY.

its an old council debt, NOT a priority debt and CAN be treated just like a historic debt to a DCA.

pers I would not be forwarding any pers financial information to them.

NONE of their business.

simply WRITE stating there is no spare money

you will get £1PCM for the next 6mts when I will review the situation.

should you continue to chase during this period I will raise an harassment complaint against your dept.

thank you.

dx

and they

I know dx100uk, its the fact its a council and this woman is so forceful, but yes you are right it is an old debt. the letter received from her this morning demanding we ring her back within 7 days to discuss further,

we will reply that we can only deal with letters and repeat our financial situation is the same. If she threatens court then i guess we deal with that if it happens. 

She really unhinged me, its the anxiety. Old fear from back then i guess. 

Thank you for being patient.  

simply write to her

tell her what she will get for the next 6mts as above.

nothing she can or will do about.

about time you stated putting these people in their place.

it YOUR money YOU decide when & where it goes.

don't forget the harassment bit and no I will never converse by phone again with you .bye!!

and they

we have drafted a letter which we will post recorded delivery so we will know its been signed for etc. We have done as you have stated and informed her that the financial situation hasn't changed, we will pay the same amount on the same date each month, that we will only communicate by writing.

She made accusations that we hadn't updated things that we were obliged to....however as it happens these things were from 2yrs ago before we moved away and thank goodness we keep copies of everything for 6 years, so put in copies of our proof that she is wrong. 

We have decided we have done enough now, so thank you.   If she pesters again we will make a complaint. There is really no necessity for her to write again. 

why waste money on them...use 2nd class post with free proof of posting.

don't inc anything else.

simple invites letter tennis in arguements

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to council eviction/old rent arrears being chased.