BankFodder BankFodder

Didusha

vcs pcn - JLA Liverpool Airport-no stopping

Hello,

I have been following the most recent threads about no stopping parking charges at various airports,  as I have received a PCN for Liverpool Airport. 

Unfortunately, I have appealed to VCS, telling them that I was the driver and keeper of the vehicle and in as many words admitting to stopping. 

I have started making notes of the various stages and preparing for what is to come,

but before I embark on this path,

I wanted to ask whether, my admission of stopping could be used against me. 

I have attached the original PCN. And I will follow with the sticky note details in a separate post. 

Unfortunately, I cannot redact the appeal letter in order to post. The appeal was done online, so all in electronic format.

Date of the infringement 18.01.2020

2 Date on the NTK 23.01.2020]

3 Date received - unknown, I was flying out on the date of 'contravention', found the letter on 1st Feb 2020 upon my return. 

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Not sure

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? YES

6 Have you appealed? [YES] - unable to retrieve the appeal

Have you had a response? [Yes-charge stands] - cannot redact the reply atm, as no editing tools. 

7 Who is the parking COMPANY? VCS

8. Where exactly [Liverpool Airport 

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. IAS

pcn.pdf

Well, appealing wasn't a great idea, nor was admitting their "breach".

However, it's not the end of the world.  This is still a case of prohibition, and especially of bye-laws which trump any nonsense that VCS send out.

So just sit back and do nothing ... unless you get a LBA.

As you've been reading other threads (well done!) keep an eye on cases where VCS are suing motorists.  They've become very litigious all of a sudden.  Hopefully Simple Simon will either wet himself & run away before the cases, or get a good kicking in court.  Either way you will know what is to come.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have been following the most recent posts and it seems, there has been a lot of claims judging by the posts and updates.

I haven't however, seen updates on any,

on how the claim has unfolded past the submission of defence.

Either people are so happy they won and forget to post, or the opposite...

scan you appeal as a jpg and redact then convert to pdf

read upload carefully.

any airport VCS/excel thread should be followed.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

@dX100uk

I submitted my appeal online, and VCS did not send me a copy of my appeal, just an acknowledgment email, which contains no detail. 

My appeal was on the grounds that I had taken the wrong exit, which in turn took me to a car park barrier, I had to safely pull over to one side and try and turn around, instead of reversing onto the roundabout.

I did tell them that I took a few sec to finish a call to the parking company I was meant to be at. 

This probably is irrelevant, but I have just looked at Google maps and it appears my car was not stopped over their bogus red lines(purple dot-me, orange dot-spy car) , so according to their rules, I was not in breach. 

gallery_pages.pdf

Will appealing ahrm you? well it will make them think you are more likely to pay up if they tell you a big enough lie tha someone who ignores them or tells them to foxtrot oscar.

BUT it wont have harmed you as they dont have a legitimate reason to demand money, it wasnt a parking event and there cant be a breach of a condition in a contract that doesnt exist.

your goggleyes picture neither helps or harms you and anyway they have just made things up as they go along  and that doesnt matter because there is no recognised paint job for private land even if they want teh intention to be clear by using the same markings. If the council just put yellow lines down everywhere they arent enforceable without the relevant legal instrument to put them there so these arent  any more legal than that.