Arbitration in Private FDR

Damo_M
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have had a private arbitration for our FDR over 2 days.

At the end of the proceedings the arbitrator assured me despite the fact he was in the same chambers as the other side’s counsel that there would remain impartiality and confidentiality. The fact that they were in the same chambers came as a complete surprise to me. My investigations show that I believe this should have been declared in advance of the hearing and that I should have expressly agreed to it. Had I known this was the case I would not have agreed to the arbitrator. I am not questioning their integrity but simply feel that full independence should be a given. I am looking for some clarity on what the reglulation is on the point of conflict of interests.

I'm not sure what the regulations are – but I think you are correct to bring it up. The arbitrator clearly thought that it was an issue otherwise he would not have referred to it.

I think if I were you I would raise the matter with his professional body. Do it in writing and do it immediately