Booking holiday

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question in relation to the father inlaw

He's trying to book a week off at his workplace

He's been told he can book the weekdays but that it's company policy not to allow people to book Saturdays

Instead they have told him that he can only have the Saturday off if he swaps it with another worker

Is it legal to refuse to allow holiday just due to company policy or just bad practice? 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

As i recall Saturday working is common in his line of work?

If they want to, they can dictate every day he's allowed to have, with him having no choice at all; unless his contract says otherwise.

It does feel like everyone will be in the same boat so keen to cooperate?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Yep sat work is common

Reading down his hand bo0k it doesn't say anything about not being allowed Saturday it seems to be a local managers decision 

The hand book basically says holiday decisions are made on the basis of the number of people off

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

it is all down to a catch all "operational reasons". If he gives enough notice the they have to respond in writing with their reasons for refusal under the WTD so the extra faffing about with written applications and refusals may determine how inportant this all is for their business if everyone followed the protocols to the letter.