• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sainsburys Debt Loan/card bought by Arrow, being harassed by Capquest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had Sainsburys Loan/card taken out 2004, with a top up on the loan in 2007.

Advice from CAB in 2010 was to pay £1 a month as lost job and unable to continue making payments. 

Been paying that amount every since on both loan and credit card. 

Debt sold to Arrowe 2011 (I have copy of Assignment letters). 

Capquest harassing me since 2015 on behalf of Arrowe. 

Have received many letters from Capquest offering me a reduced amount to clear the debt (on both loan and credit card. 

Loan was £12k, credit card 800).

I wrote 22/1/2020 to Capquest for copy of CCA as had enough of harassment. 

They wrote back on 29/1/2020 to say they contacting Sainsburys for further information and my account on hold until end Feb whilst they do so. 

Had further letter from Arrowe on 10/02/2020 saying they do not accept that they are the creditor under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and would contact Sainsburys for this information.

Advice please - what happens next?  

I have read differing accounts on here of what has happened with others with old Sainsburys debts. 

If they manage to produce a loan agreement where do I go from there,

as I am disabled and on benefits and cant afford to pay a settlement? 

I doubt they will be able to produce a Credit Card agreement because I never signed one.

shame useless CAB turned you into a cash cow all those years ago

all they've caused is you to run the SB date on each  to infinity.

until/unless arrows or their other trading name, capquest cough up with enforceable CCA's that we check here you cease all payments.

you totally ignore them...…......

until/unless

you get a letter of claim from one of their favourite tame/fake paperwork only  solicitors

or

a court claim from northants bulk on either

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As you have been advised above, if they failed to produce the CCA then you cease all payments.

In any event, you entered into an instalment agreement and unless the agreement says otherwise – and unless you have breached the agreement at all, then the debt has been sold encumbered by the instalment agreement and you should simply just continue paying - but without any mistakes. CAB have hung you out to dry by getting you to pay a £1 per month instalment – but in the end it should be precisely this instalment agreement should prevent any further action against you, or provide you with a reasonable estoppel defence

Okay I will wait until end of February to see what they come back with then I will seek advice from you guys. 

Capquest have been ringing me, texting me, so now I know I can send them a letter to tell them to stop contacting me by phone, that's helpful. 

Even if I have to pay them £1 a month for ever I don't care, so long as they stop harassing me by phone, I can cope with the letters.

It will cost them more in the admin costs than they will ever receive in payment.

Thanks, as always, for your advice, much appreciated.

not sure where we are saying to send some silly letter nor keep blindly being cash cowed??

by paying you WILL guarantee getting the calls and letters forever, 

by putting them to strict proof they hold legally enforceable paperwork all that could end.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx100uk

- Have I misinterpreted BankFodder's post re I entered into an agreement to pay £1 a month etc?  The silly letter is the one that I can send apparently to stop Capquest from constantly ringing me?

I do understand that the action I take depends on whether Sainsburys turn up legally enforceable paperwork, which, if and when that happens, I will refer back to you guys for advice.

Thanks again for all your help on here, you are invaluable.

not down to sainsbury's 

the cca went to arrows the owner of the debt.

as for the no ring me letter(s) we've never seen them work in all reality.

and they

thanks for replying dx100uk

debt was assigned to Arrowe in 2011,

I don't know why they have said they have written to Sainsburys for the documentation,

perhaps its just a ploy to put me off,

I will know soon enough because they have said they will write back to me this week "with an update". 

Then I will seek your advice on what to do next, all depending on what they turn up.

I do know these companies are full of dirty tricks. 

I had one company send me a letter threatening legal action, just before Christmas, two years ago. 

I asked them for the CCA (as advised on this site). 

They sent me back a print out of my bank account information going way back to 2004

- obviously from an online application I made for a credit card. 

Nothing like a CCA. 

I ignored them, and so far they haven't come back to me. 

The debt was near to being statue barred and is now statute barred so if they try again they wont succeed.

I have to say these companies don't seem very professional?

I am living in hope that Arrowe cant come up with any legal documentation. 

I should know this week.

Thanks again for all your help.

• 1 year later...

I sent a CCA letter to Arrow back in January 2020 concerning old Sainsbury's credit card and loan debt because they were hassling me to up my £1 payments which I have continued to make to Sainsbury's via SO each month - the debt was assigned to Arrow in 2010.  Arrow replied they would need time to get the documentation from Sainsburys.  They sent me two letters, last one in April 2020 to say still waiting to hear from Sainsburys. 

Then today I received a letter from Arrow to say they now have the documentation but couldn't send it via post because they were very busy because of the Covid19 restrictions! and therefore I would need to email them to request the documentation be sent by email! 

Well, I dont want to email them because that then gives them my email address and as I dont trust them I want the documentation in writing via post. 

Can I insist on that? 

I am aware they are well outside the legal requirements for sending the information.  I pay £1 a month to Sainsbury's for the debt.  The credit card debt they have acknowledged is unenforceable and the payments have stopped.  What can I do over the loan please and the requested documentation?

Advice please and thanks in advance.

old and new threads merged

until / unless they send it via royal mail you ignore them.!!

never give a powerless DCA an email address.

and they

Thanks for replying.

I am still making a £1 a month payment on the Loan to Sainsbury's - do I stop that now?  The £1 a month payment on the Credit Card Sainsbury's stopped taking so that has ceased.  What can happen if I stop the £1 a month payment on the loan?  Are Arrow Sainsbury's in disguise, I ask that because my SO is still to Sainsbury's not Arrow.

I suspect they havent got the documentation and all the latest letter was was an attempt to get my email address, so, no, I wont be supplying Arrow with that.

until the owner complies with your cca request you should always cease all payments

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Sainsburys Debt Loan/card bought by Arrow, being harassed by Capquest