SIP PCN - Walmer Street, Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a PCN from SIP at the start February, which I have appealed against days later. 

As I have only started reading around the subject these past few days, I guess I have already made a rookie mistake of appealing and identifying myself as a driver. 

The notice I have received was for "no ticket displayed", which well I do have the ticket and proof of purchase, which I also provided them towards succession of my appeal. I outlined the ticket must have fell off of my windshield without my notice, as the feral day was around the Ciara storm, so it was windy as hell. 

As I've had a council parking ticket appeal accepted in the past due to similar circumstances, I have stupidly assumed they might be reasonable with it, but after reading this forum I can see that it will not be the case. 

Now, that I've already made this harder for myself and possibly on the losing side of things, do you guys have any advice regarding this matter?

My ticket is going to reach the maximum outstanding fine in a couple of days (£100 due in 28days). 

As I've already contacted them regarding this and appealed (no reply from them yet), do I request any further proof from them? Pictures of the car etc? (it was dark, 21:30 when the pcn was issued). 

Any further advice regarding the matter? 

1st it is NOT A FINE..

please complete this:

please also scan up the NTK

your appeal

and

their reply

PDF ONLY read upload

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 hours ago, eveys1602 said:

I do have the ticket and proof of purchase

OK, excellent, that makes your case very easy from a legal point of view - you paid, they got their money, that's the end of it.  If they were daft enough to take you to court the judge would chuck out their stupid claim immediately.

Don't contact them any more now, but come back here when they reject your appeal (which they will), also keep on reading up, and please fill in Dx's sticky.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Post up the details as per the sticky linked by DX above, you paid, you have peoof they have no loss to sue on, only breach of an alleged contract

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

1. The date of infringement?

09/02/2020

2. Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?]

Yes

Basically explained how I had a valid ticket on the night of receiving the pcn, I have left it on the windshield, however due to the windy night (the ciara storm) it must have blew off of it without me realizing. Attached the parking ticket

3. has there been a response?

No response yet, will update when they do

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........DONT ! seek advice on your topic

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days]

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

Not yet, will update. 

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

No NTK yet

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

Not yet, will update

5 Who is the parking company?

SIP Manchester

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Walmer Street, Manchester

I would like to find out if Popla has any bearing in this case if my appeal is rejected? I've read that they deal with appeals on private land, but not sure if they're the way to go. 

Do cases end up in court or can you get them thrown out before even reaching that point? 

• dx100uk changed the title to SIP PCN - Walmer Street, Manchester

please scan up to PDF 

any letters from SIP and your appeal.

im I right in thinking this was a windscreen PCN that might have been stuck to your windscreen that blew away?

after your paid for ticket did the same?

was you paid for ticket inside the car and just moved in the storm?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The only thing I have from SIP right now is their PCN, I can scan and upload that. 

No sorry, let me clarify.

The PCN was stuck to the window, I did get it once I got back to the car. I have it on me right now. 

It is the pay and display ticket I bought and left inside the car that was moved by the wind, so it wasn't on display.

(Hence the PCN from them, with their reason: no ticket displayed).

I do have the pay and display ticket though, it just fell out of sight, but I picked it up once I got back to the car. 

PCN.

P&D ticket

Appeal

i'm not sure if you'll now get a NTK (29-56 days} 

but whatever you do

don't contact them again without the ok

dx

and they

Uploaded the PCN and P&D.

As I mentioned, I don't have the appeal word for word. I filled out their online form for it, and said I had the p&d ticket and the wind situation on the day and it must have blew off of sight.

PnDPCN.pdf

I'm currently just waiting for their email rejecting the appeal.

Well done on keeping the ticket & all the reading up - you won't be paying a bean.

A ticket blowing down is a breach if it must be displayed so that is actually worse that saying nothing.

However, there is a thing called "de minimis" and that is when the infraction is so small no court should have to consider it.

You paid and displayed, doesnt matter why they couldnt see your ticket, it is merely proof that you paid and that is the main thing you have to do.