Bailiff or Enforcement agent entered property without permission and refused to leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everybody

Had a knock on my door and was confronted by either a Bailiff or enforcement agent (not sure about the specific job title).

When I opened the door he stuck his foot in so I couldn't close the door.

I was video taping him so I took a few steps backward (to get him in shot) and he just fully entered the property despite me saying that I was denying him entry and he refused to leave thereafter.

Turns out that he was there to collect a court issued fine.

I think from a Magistrates Court.

He worked for this outfit:

www.marstonholdings.co.uk

The reason for the fine was something to do with "driving without car insurance".

Now I had a cheap car a few years ago but it broke down and would cost more to fix than it was actually worth.

I sold the car for scrap and cancelled the insurance.

Turns out you have to inform the DVLA when you scrap a car and them that it is no longer on the road (I was unaware).

this was the circumstances of the visit.

My question is

did he have the lawful right to enter the property?

I always thought these people were like vampires i.e. they can only come in if you invite them in.

tia

Bear

The new enforcement regulations i believe stopped the enforcement officers from pushing aside someone at a door. This was to stop potential assault and breach of the peace.

They can put their foot in, to have the conversation with the fine defaulter about their rights of gaining entry and that they can force entry if required using a locksmith ( this is because this relates to a  Court fine).  But if they are refused entry they should back away and look at their next options.  There might be goods outside of the house they can seize.  If not, they could call the Police and locksmiths, so they can make peaceful entry to a property.

Complain to Courts and Marstons if the officer has used force against you at the door. 

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

as explained in you CTAX thread (which you have yet to update us upon)

they have right of entry yes. so he has done nowt wrong sadly.

but its extremely rare for a magistrate to grant this.

i'd be checking the warrant and notice of enforcement had the right address though!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

11 hours ago, BazzaS said:

If enforcing a Magistrates’ court fine they can even use a locksmith to gain entry, but only with the court’s permission.

The warrant itself permits a bailiff the right to use force to enter a property in the case ONLY of a Magistrates Court fine (which this debt was).  The court do not have to give prior permission.