Netherlands Ordered to produce Driving Licence at Police Station

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

When I lived in the Netherlands prior to 2003 I was give an order by the police to show up at a police station and produce my license within a month.

It just so happened that I was moving to the UK at the time so it slipped my mind.

Would/could this cause any issues when I go back over there in a few moths?

Cheers,

Ade

What was the alleged offence that required you to produce your licence ?

Sounds like a Police stop for speeding or other driving offence and it would then depend on what court action if any followed. There might be a large fine outstanding on Dutch records and you are stopped at border by Police looking for you to settle amount due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

In addition, i think you really should try to find a Dutch motoring forum and provide more information. If there was a court fine and this was unpaid, could you face arrest, before being taken to court to be questioned about the matter. I doubt you would be held in custody for long, but you might have to settle the fine to the court in full.

Perhaps before going to the Netherlands, you should contact the relevant authority there to see if they have anything outstanding in your name.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I was just reminded by a friend of mine about a situation where I was asked to come to the police station in the Netherlands and present my license as they weren't sure of the validity of a British license back in 2002.

I Though many years later, would it be a problem that I didn't present it? I moved over here a few days after that happened, so never really had the chance.

Cheers,

Ade

• AndyOrch changed the title to Netherlands Ordered to produce Driving Licence at Police Station

Topics merged.....please do not start new topics on the same issue

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread