You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• What happened BRS, contacted me after the accident and wanted to repair the damage i agreed i told them don't you want to go through the insurance they said no !. I said ok you can repair the damage, they asked me for more details about the damage so they could post the job on mybuilder.com. Anyway i emailed them giving them details of the damage and they never replied and ignored me.   It was only when i done a askmid and got the insurance details of 2 policies running on the vehicle and contacted Allianz the first on the list, BRS contacted me saying sorry for the lack of communication i went on holiday and left it with another staff member who failed to contact you.   BRS offered to say they want to repair the damage i said "NO" you messed me about the first time and now i want the security of going through the insurance.     I did give them one last opportunity under my terms i told them to pay ***** (fair amount)into my account and that would settle the matter and i would sign a agreement that the damages are paid in full. There reply was "that is not how we do things here and to contact their insurance" and conveniently never gave me the insurer responsible.
    • Check this and read about a Notice Of Correction     
    • There can be many reasons for dual insurance, depending on the use of the vehicle, certain hires, contracts etc, - nothing our of the ordinary there, just get the firm to confirm which one, as above don't let them dictate, they are in the wrong.    I would use you own insurers , and always advise this in cases where there is an impact claim for a  wall or similar.    Reason being is the third parties liability is for indemnity only which realistically is to pay for the damaged part of the wall and that only, they don't even have to pay for a builder, just the cost to repair, leaving you to deal and fend for yourself.    Your home  insurance cover will be on a new for old basis, giving further allowance if there any grey areas in regards to block matching, matching items (say for the welding) potential wear and tear contributing etc,    - more chance of getting more of the wall done than just the section that is damaged - plus it gives you a much better right of recourse if anything goes wrong, especially if you get a cash settlement or they use dodgy bob the builder.    Your insurer will want the third party details and will chase the responsible underwriter for their recovery, you may be able to piggy back on that. The reason for their hesitance in confirming about claiming back the XS will be due to the fact they are a home claims team and don't do an awful lot of recovery of losses compared to a motor claims department, and generally don't have as much experience on a day to day basis (or certainly not the front line staff). 
    • Give them time-amoebas are a little short on brain power to work sarcasm out. I wrote a letter similar to yours to Parking Eye and they wrote back to confirm they had received my appeal! 
    • considering it expires in Jan 2021 it looks like it has 2 insurances policies running on it at the same time, What a farce! each insurance company could blame one another this shouldn't be legal, but it looks like it is.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
adridude

CCA's all over the show?

Hi,

I've had a myriad of debt companies contact me about two debts which I disputed about 4 years ago. I sent them the 'prove it' letter and they responded with 'they were unable to provide... however we can still make a payment arrangement...'...

Because of that I've intentionally left them behind and ignored them, but since I've just moved, I've had this rise from the dead.

I have no idea how this happened as the only public record of me should be the edited register. I've double confirmed with my local council that I'm on that register and not the open one.

My questions are:

• Should I give them the light of day? They're appearing on my credit file now, without waking the dead and resetting the 6 year limit, how do I best resolve this?
  • How do I question how they came about my data? They got ahold of me before my local council did?
  • If they did get my details by devious means, can I do anything about it other than log a complaint with the ICO?
  • If the dead do rise, can I backdate the interest (39.9% on one of them) all those years and turn the tables?

Regards,

Ade

you should never move without informing your debt owners of a move.

hiding is the WORST thing you can do.

Debt Buyers have CSL membership so can see the hidden register details on your credit file

you've been here as long as me we have never said hide.

the prove it letter is not worth the paper it is written on IMHO, 

what are the debts please...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Looks like I better start the process all over again.

I ended up in a "loop" when it came to the prove it letter as someone managed to get past my call blocking and they literally didn't give a care about it being proven, so the conversation was going nowhere... I drew a line under them then.

Whats the best way forward? Send another "prove it" and start all over again or are there alternative routes?

Prove letter is bogroll forget it

whats the debt please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.