non resolved payment

worried nanny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a bit of a dilemma

my mum paid for a 3 piece to be made, when it turned up it was the wrong colour so she sent it straight back to the shop

this was now 7 years ago, and it has never been resolved,

she became ill and now she has passed it has only come to our attention that no money has been paid back to her or any other resolution made

I have tried emailing them and all I got back is

they are a reportable company, and they cannot believe that it has not been resolved,

then they said they have changed accountants and all their accounts from 2012 are stored away and cannot be accessed,

since that email I have tried on numerous occasions to contact them via email but they have not responded 

she paid out over £2000 for this and received nothing back

where do I stand in trying to get this back now

I look forward to your reply

thankyou

Please will you tell us which company are dealing with.

If you are the administrator of the estate then I would start off by sending them an SAR. If you have not informed them of the fact that she is now deceased, then I would suggest that you send an SAR in her name and apparently signed by her in order to avoid any complicating factors.

It is certainly going to be difficult to get the money back after so long. However, did she take any action at all to get the money back? Is there any trace of any correspondence between them?

Also, are you able to get hold of your mother's own bank records which would show the money paid out to the company and then show over a period of years that no money had been paid back to that account?

it is a private run family company

she died unexpectedly so there was no will etc,

I had been previously trying while she was alive to come to some sort of agreement but after a while they just ignored my emails 

I haven't informed them yet of her death

there is no correspondence at all between my mother and themselves, she was one that did not like to make a fuss

16 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Also, are you able to get hold of your mother's own bank records which would show the money paid out to the company and then show over a period of years that no money had been paid back to that account?

yes I can do that

I had contacted them previously this is when he replied

{after 5 years and lots of changes within our company staff and admin we find it hard to believe we would not have sorted this problem out straight away as we have built our company  on honesty and good faith.

our records are now stored for 2012 and we cannot access these at present as we now have different accountants

we feel we are unable to help much more at this present time..

THIS WAS SENT TO ME FROM THEM 5 YEARS AFTER 

Were even if your mother died intestate, there must be some probate and somebody must be administrator. Try and send an SAR

And incidentally, the principle is statute barred is a statutory limitation but it is subject to court's discretion