BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• I think that rather than right, you should first of all telephone. However read our customer services guide. Implement the advice there. Then telephone and have a conversation which leads round to the loan and whatever agreement there might have been to repay. Get it recorded. Then write to him and asked him to confirm the telephone conversation. If he confirms it then you are on your way. If he doesn't confirm it or denies it then it becomes even more interesting and I think that you will properly have you more leverage. You say that you believe that you lent the money to the company and that the company has now sold. As long as the company has been sold and not dissolved then the loan to the company is still current and the company debt to you is still current. I think the first senior to do is to get the evidence – and I think you should follow the advice that I have given. The fact that the person has stopped contacting you is extremely troubling. The fact that the company ownership was transferred is even more troubling and so I think that you are dealing with somebody who is trying to be slippery about this – and so your way forward is clearly that you also have to act it in a slippery way. Come back here when you got the evidence and we will help you to the next step
    • Met usually use ANPR and get the timings massively wrong so they will be timed out. they must have used CCTV to watch the vehicle occupants "leave" and this is probably a breach of the GDPR as it wont be one of the specified reasons on their licence to spy on people so will breach protocols 1, 2 , 3 and possibly others in the list of the 8 main protocols of data protection.   It also breached the POFA as the timings are wrong so no keeper liability anyway.   The wording they use refers to the liklihood of the issuing of a NTD and thet never happened so the 56 day limit isnt applicable. My advice? ignore them as they rarely do court because they know they are incompetent
    • sorry, I meant to say UNLESS  so yes my answer reads the wrong way round
    • the terms in the contract will in many cases be unfair and thus you will be entitled to the bonus and there is case law on this. However, it is not a simple matter to resolve as it will have to take into account what the contract says and what the normal practice and expectations are for the bonus scheme. For example, Jhn Lewis pays out to anyone employed there on the relevant date so leave the day before and you lose out becasue it is a partnership and you would no longer be a partner. No schemes that withold bonuses until a certain time of the year MAY have to pay out but if your bonus is for the quarter that your resignation fell in then probably not. If it was for say Oct-Dec then you will ahve fulfilled the requirements of a qualifying period regardless of the contract saying no bonus and would more than likely be successful in a claim to recover such monies. A scheme that has been running for soem time would be part of yoru contract even if there is nothing specific included in your paperwork as it becomes implied as part of the conditions you agreed to when joining to co and staying there.   i know this doesnt give you a definite answer but hopefully makes it a little easier to see how your situation may work out
    • You have a big problem and that is proving the debt. for a debt to be created there must be an agreement that the money will be repaid, how and in what time frame. As far as the law goes you either gifted the money or loaned it in a way where you cant take civil action to recover it because there are no explicit terms. Now the BUSINESS doe owe you £2k and the debt will have passed on to the new owners but you still cant take steps to recover the money other than to ask the new business owners for it. They may deny the debt and you will be impossibly placed to prove it because there is nothing in writing. Proof of money transfer doesnt prove the debt exists nor how it should be repaid even if it did. you will lose a court claim due to the lack of paperwork showing how and when the repayment should take place. Sorry for your predicament but you are where you are
  • Our picks

Zinnia

Smart Meter Inaccurate - Utilita

Hi Guys

I moved into my new home 2 years ago and it already had a smart meter. 

I switched to Utilita (gas & electric) because there is no daily standing charge. 

However, when I spoke to them in October the agent said that I had used gas during the summer months. 

The central heating is the only thing that uses gas and I had no reason to turn it on during the summer as I use fan heaters instead if it get a bit chilly. 

I accept that my monthly direct debit needs to be increased (currently £50 for both - one occupant) but I wonder if there is anyway that I can prove that I wasn't using the heating during the summer. 

I had assumed that the payments I was making during the summer for gas would have been credited to my electric account but was shocked when they told me that there wasn't any credit.

They say that I now owe about £500 each for gas and electric but as they didn't alert me earlier to the fact that my monthly payment was too low, they are willing to set up a payment plan for me to repay this. This is the first time I've had a smart meter and I would like to know if it's common for them to give inaccurate readings?  

I will set up a payment plan with them but would also like to know if I can switch supplier in the meantime?

Can I refuse to have a smart meter?  What is a better option?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

you should be able to download all your smartdata from their website .

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, the whole DCA industry would collapse overnight.

Register a formal complaint using their complaints process.  Also send a GDPR subject access request to them, asking for smart meter data, as well as all other data.

Gas boilers do use gas during the summer to keep the pilot flame on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Gas boilers do use gas during the summer to keep the pilot flame on.

Unless its a newer combi...which only ignite on heat draw.( turning the tap on )

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

The Condensing non combi newer boilers use piezo ignition to fire them up also

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes, that should have said "some" gas boilers have a pilot flame on all of the time.

I do wonder about these smart meters.  I have refused to have one installed and won't until I am satisfied that some of the issues have been resolved.

Still issues and misinformation about them UB don't want one myself just yet.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thank you everyone for your input! 

I hadn't considered that the boiler may still be using gas even when not being used.  The Ideal boiler was installed about 5-6 years ago. I have never looked at my usage data so maybe I should. 

If the boiler has a pilot flame on all of the time, the gas usage will be minimal.

Gas cooker ?

usage data should help you understand what has happened.

There isn't a pilot flame on the boiler but it has a flourescent blue light showing a number. Only the central heating uses gas. Thanks.