regular overtime payments reduced, do i have any rights

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I've been on a on call rota for some years now which as been a 1 in 3 weeks and been paid a weekly allowance for this service and overtime paid extra should I be called out.

My employer now wants to change this to a 1 in 4 weeks which now leaves me out of pocket just for the on call payments a year.

Do I have an argument that i am effectively been force to take a pay cut and that i should be compensaited accordingly ?

thanks in advance for any advise.

Fred.

some wording suggesting it is required 1 in every 4 week but may vary.

also it mentions it reserves the right to alter these

I have done the same rota for some years now, does that not help make it contractual ?

Thanks Fred.

hi, the document i'm refering to is marked internal and confidential so sorry i can't add it word for word.

I suppose my main thing to understand, if i have earned something in OT on a regular basis, and it's then reduced do i have a come back to the company for comensation 

Edited by Fred39

its an on call allownace of £50 per night, 7 nights every 3 weeks, they want to change this to every 4 weeks

contrcat states that we agree to be excluded from the 48hr WTD

when called out we get paid the going rate for OT but still keep the on call allowance regardless.

so changing the on call bit isnt likely to be a contractual matter. They are pre-empting a change in the law because of a big tribunal case that is waiting for a decision on so they ARENT obliged to include it in your contractual hours etc.

Basically you are likely to get a lot more in the future than you stand to lose but it the courts decide that things can stay as they are I would bet that they go back to the old system as they can still afford it

• Like 1