Excess charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6358 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I got an excess charge notice the other day when I over stayed after paying £2 to park for 4 hours. I was only a little late but had been delayed at work so couldnt help it. The charge is £35! The ticket doesnt mention any times other than my ticket had expired (doesnt say by how long) It does say that the Warden noticed it at 2:24 and issued the ticket at 2:25. I have written to the council to ask that it be squashed because I couldnt help being late and it wasnt intentional. I had paid to park until 2:12 and work until 2pm (the car was outside work on the street) so I had bought enough time and couldnt have forseen that I would have to stay later at work. What does anyone think about my chances?? I couldnt find anything about ECN on here, only PCN so started this thread!

Had one myself recently where I arrived back 3 minutes late (unavoidable delay) to find the attendant writing the ticket. He wouldnt stop once he had started. I wrote to the council pointing out the very minor time period the car was there over the amount paid for (which was of itself bloody expensive). I pointed out that I had not shown any intention to park unlawfully as I had clearly purchased a ticket and was only a few mintes late. They wrote back saying ok, naughty, don't do it again and cancelled the ticket - so always worth a try.

Hi all,

I got an excess charge notice the other day when I over stayed after paying £2 to park for 4 hours. I was only a little late but had been delayed at work so couldnt help it. The charge is £35! The ticket doesnt mention any times other than my ticket had expired (doesnt say by how long) It does say that the Warden noticed it at 2:24 and issued the ticket at 2:25. I have written to the council to ask that it be squashed because I couldnt help being late and it wasnt intentional. I had paid to park until 2:12 and work until 2pm (the car was outside work on the street) so I had bought enough time and couldnt have forseen that I would have to stay later at work. What does anyone think about my chances?? I couldnt find anything about ECN on here, only PCN so started this thread!

This may help.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/5232-your-parking-ticket-may.html?highlight=parking+ticket