Unknown NHS CCJ 2016 - now CCI chasing.

Xxaria
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I hope someone can help. I'm not sure if it's CCI credit management trying it on or not.

They got a CCJ against me back in 2016 for £11k and the judge awarded the claim to be paid forthwith - which was impossible so I stupidly ignored it.

They escalated it and it wasn't long before Marston's bailiffs were at the door.

I never let them in but the amount shot up to £14k with their fees and after a few months they gave up calling and it's been silent until today.

When I get a letter saying they have a CCJ against me and if I don't come up with a payment plan or pay it all by the 24th February they will continue action which may involve bailiffs. 

The odd thing is the amount they are asking for is the original amount of the CCJ.

All the extra fees from the original bailiffs have gone.

Do they have to go back to court to get bailiffs again and it starts from scratch or is it an attempt to get payment again after the failure last time.

Thank you

Xxaria

tell us all about the original debt please

did you defend the case?

please complete this if you have the info 

if not scan up the judgement to PDF 

read upload please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why did you owe them money?

did you get the claimform and just ignore everything?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank you

can you scan up the letter please

read upload carefully

dx

and they

Hi, I've given up trying to scan the letter so instead I'll type what it says below instead!

URGENT - Date 14 February 2020

Dear Xxaria,

Our Client : Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust

Claim Number: **********

Judgement Date : 24/06/2016

Judgement Debt : £11k

We write further to the CCJ awarded against you on the 24th of June 2016 for sum of £11k

Under the terms of the Judgment, you are required to make payment of the full amount forthwith.

What is going to happen now?

Please note that details of Judgments are entered in a public register, the Register of Judgments, Orders and Fines. Details of this Judgment will be made available to credit reference agencies, who will supply them to credit grantors and others seeking information on your financial standing.

This is likely to make it difficult for you to get credit or obtain other services.

How does a CCJ affect your Credit Rating?

If you don't pay the amount owed, it will appear as a negative factor on your credit report and this will therefore lower your overall credit score. This means it will be hard to obtain quality credit after the record has been made and rebuilding your credit rating in the future will be harder for you.

If you are able to pay the full amount within one month from the date the Judgment was entered, you can ask the court to "cancel" the entry on the register by supplying proof of payment.

After this one month period, the Judgment will remain on your credit file for 6 years, however upon payment of the amount, you can ask the Court for Judgment to reflect being "satisfied", and request a certificate of Satisfaction which may make it easier for you to obtain credit.

What happen if you don't pay the CCJ?

If we or the client do not receive payment or a payment proposal from you, we will have no alternative but to recommend that our client takes further collection activity against you. This may include applying for warrant of execution or control, with a view to instructing the County Court Bailiff or a High Court enforcement agency to enforce the terms of the Judgment, which may substantially increase your liablility for costs.

How do you pay your CCJ?

If a payment by credit or debit card is your preferred method of payment, please call us on xxxxx and we will be happy to process it for you. If you are unable to pay in full, please call us on xxxxx and we will assist in arranging a mutually agreeable payment plan. All payment options can be found on the reverse of this letter.

If you cannot afford to pay due to financial difficulties and problems with debts, you should seek financial advice. We strongly advise that you ensure your Debt Advisor is fully regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

What do you need to do now?

You need to contact us to discuss your payment options by the 24th of February 2020.

We trust that further action will not be necessary and look forward to your immediate response.

Yours faithfully,

CCI Credit Management Ltd

• dx100uk changed the title to Unknown NHS CCJ 2016 - now CCI chasing.

CCI can chase all they like, they were not the claimant.

they are a DCA and are not BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

can you go get your credit file and get the CCJ number please 

then we'll move you forward.

dx

and they

ok sorry i should have said we dont need to see it..:lol: you'll need it

tomorrow

go ring northants bulk court and ask for a copy of the claimform and the judgement CCJ by email pdf.

once we have that back

we might begin to attack.

have you moved in recent times?

or since the ccj?

but just be sure that CCI can do nothing of the sort they are not the claimant

and that's a very std letter ..no WILL anywhere..

and no i doubt the NHS would  bother to try and enforce it using further measures, though that is not totally off the cards yet.

why did they refuse you free treatment?

and they

Topic moved to General Legal Issues Forum.....please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay,

Despite asking for a copy of the claimform. I am still waiting for it!

Moved in 2017 which was after the CCJ 

But this morning, in the post came a letter from Andrew Wilson & Co High Court Enforcement

It says Notice of Enforcement - date notice issued 17/03/2020

The amount has jumped to £16k  which includes £4233.28 interest since the letter CCI sent last month.

They didn't refuse free treatment, just decided afterwards that I wasn't entitled to all of the treatment free

What do I do now? 

When can I expect bailiffs to turn up - as the letter has taken 3 days to arrive via first class post :(

go ring northants bulk and chase them up or get them to read things out like particulars of claim

record the call

just remember the bailiffs have no right of entry so just tell them to go away if they turn up.

dx

and they

I would advise you complete and submit an N245 and get a payment arrangement in place...for the £11K.....the CCJ amount.....post judgment interest cant be added without fresh proceedings.

The fee is £50 ..complete the I&E and make an affordable monthly offer.....also use the form to suspend the Warrant.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As I posted earlier, I'm a former NHS finance manager and I used to be responsible for "billing" people.

I appreciate that one part of your problem (perhaps the most urgent) is the procedural mess you find yourself in having ignored earlier correspondence.  Others can and are advising you on that.

However, in the longer term, it is not unknown for NHS trusts to charge people wrongly.  If you were originally led to believe that treatment on the NHS would be "free" and went ahead on that basis, I don't see how they can change their minds after the event, and bill you for £11k plus interest.

Can you give more detail about what has happened?  Was there a good reason why you didn't challenge it at the time or was it too stressful to deal with?

EDIT:  Others here will know - can the OP still challenge the original judgment from 2016 or is it too late now?  From my working experience I find it hard to believe the NHS trust could decide post-treatment that the treatment was not available on the NHS after all/

Edited by Manxman in exile