Mattress missold

judelaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a disabled lady also cancer patient with heart failure and diabetes,
forced to try and sleep in a chair for last 3 weeks and forseeable future.

Bensons for beds salesman lied to me and sold me a mattress he was having extra padding put in, it would have been too firm for me. since found out that is something they never do. Mattress was faulty also, inspection deemed it manufacturers fault. I asked for a topper in order to be able to use mattress until a replacement is sent, no.

I have been lied to by customer service and sales team and they are only agreeing to replace with a similar mattress, but no extra padding.

This is not what I bought and think I would be better getting my money back. Bought 6th February 2019 received a couple of weeks later.

There is a whole site aimed at people getting horrendous treatment from Bensons so I have been advised by them I will have to fight hard. Is it reasonable to expect a refund now I know the mattress replacement will probably be no better.? 

Firstly, please could you make it easier for people to help you by displacing and punctuating your story correctly. Reading a solid block of text online is very difficult and tends to put people off. I have put in some spacing but I'm afraid that the punctuation is poor and it's still difficult to make out your story.

I gather that about a year ago, you bought mattress and it was faulty. Somebody carried out an inspection and confirmed that.

For some reason rather you have put up with it since then but now apparently you are so uncomfortable you are being obliged to sleep in a chair. Is this correct?

Maybe you could give us some more information as to what is the fault, who carried out the inspection, when this inspection carried out, what is the value of the mattress.

You also seem to be saying that even if the mattress was replaced with one which was not faulty, it would still not be suitable to your needs. Is this correct?

I'm afraid that your account is very scant so it would be helpful if you would give us a more detailed story – but bullet pointed would help. Try to avoid the narrative

As a disabled person with cancer, heart failure and numerous other ailments, including oxygen damage, looking for advice on a missold mattress, I certainly wont be recommending this group! 

The last thing I needed was to be messaged to tell me that I am practically illiterate. If your choice is to pick people up on their punctuation and actually read what was written! All questions you asked were in my original post and it makes no sense to say my account was scant and ask for more detail without the narrative! 

I assume you are a regular at trying to belittle people, sadly I am sure you manage that quite well. 

I will be taking myself out of your group, I assume its yours by your obviously god given right to belittle rather than offer any actual help or advice. 

Thankyou for the totally unnecessary english lesson, I have got to 60 yrs old with the skills I have, despite also being dyslexic! 

I wish you good luck with your teacher training! 

I'm sorry that you feel so upset about it.

If you answer our questions then we may be able to give you the help you need.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure that all the answers are there:

On 16/02/2020 at 10:57, BankFodder said:

Firstly, please could you make it easier for people to help you by displacing and punctuating your story correctly. Reading a solid block of text online is very difficult and tends to put people off. I have put in some spacing but I'm afraid that the punctuation is poor and it's still difficult to make out your story.

I gather that about a year ago, you bought mattress and it was faulty. Somebody carried out an inspection and confirmed that.

For some reason rather you have put up with it since then but now apparently you are so uncomfortable you are being obliged to sleep in a chair. Is this correct?

Maybe you could give us some more information as to what is the fault, who carried out the inspection, when this inspection carried out, what is the value of the mattress.

You also seem to be saying that even if the mattress was replaced with one which was not faulty, it would still not be suitable to your needs. Is this correct?

I'm afraid that your account is very scant so it would be helpful if you would give us a more detailed story – but bullet pointed would help. Try to avoid the narrative