Marriage separation

Fringer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My husband of 18 years and I have decided to separate. 

I have a son of 20 who still lives with us who is not my husbands but he has brought him up as his own. 

He is on an apprenticeship so very minimal income. 

We inherited a large sum of money last year from his parents estate who sadly passed away, all of which we paid off our debts and invested into renovating our house of which was totally my design, interior and build. 

Now we are separating I have offered to buy him out of the house as I earn more than him and he is self employed and only has been for just over a year but he is saying that he wants an extra 20k on top of his share of the equity as it was his inheritance. Is this right? 

I told him he was being unreasonable as I have my son to think of too, his response was that that my son doesn't come into the equation and if he doesn't get the extra 20k from me, he will insist the house is sold and we split the profit. 

I don't want it to get nasty but my heart and soul went into my house when he had no input. 

is he???

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Marriage separation at this stage will cost a fortune via solicitors and court actions. Both parties have equal rights to the property and neither can remove access from the property unless police are involved and there has been cases of abuse against either party. Since the resident child is over 18 I'm not too sure if you can stop the sale of the house if he insists. This would need to be clarified with a solicitor. I do know that when my ex left our joint property it enabled me to start the sale of our house as she no longer needed a place to look after our children.

prelim sent 8/07/06 for 2300.00

lba sent 24/07/06

5 hours ago, voqu said:

Both parties have equal rights to the property and neither can remove access from the property unless police are involved and there has been cases of abuse against either party.

incorrect if only one party’s name is on the legal title held at the land registry (for registered land, which is most).

True if legal title held under joint tenancy.

If registered land, with legal title held solely by one partner, the other should protect their interest by a Family Law Act 1996 notice on the register

https://www.irwinmitchell.com/about-us/newsletters/im-on-the-money/im-on-the-money-issue-ten/home-rights-notices-what-is-the-point