• Tweets

• Hi   Thank you.   I am thinking of sending the below as a way of trying to just get it resolved before I do the small claims at the start of Feb.  My partner believes a less formal, less threating approach might work, eg I not just challenging his ego.  (I will do the costing that you requested over the weekend).   FORD KUGA  – RESPONSE TO YOUR LETTER RECEIVED 18/02/22   Thank you for your letter received on the 18th January 2022. This letter is the first time you have offered to refund the car (£3500) and I thank you for this, along with your admission that the car was reported faulty to you within days of its delivery. However, if you actually review our conversations on whatsapp and text you will see that a lot of the other points you have made in the letter are clearly not true when compared to our actual communication, which is why I am confident in making these complaints because I have evidence of how the conversation actually went.   However, the aim of this letter is to find a resolution and avoid taking you to court, so I would appreciate if you would consider that on top of the refund of the car, which you have agreed to, I deserve to at least be reimbursed for the work I have had done that I have messages that prove you agreed to.   The car needed a new head gasket, and now it has one, there would be no reason for me to have done this unless it was absolutely necessary. I'm not going to be making any profit here, I will still be losing money. You will be getting back a car in far better condition than you sold it in, so worth more to you in material value, with all the genuine invoices from a respected garage including lots other improvements that I'm not expecting you to pay for.   So you end up with a better car than you sold originally and none of the hassle, which is fair as I can possibly be; I hope that you can see that all I am trying to do here is recover the bare minimum of my costs in this scenario and put this six months of problems behind me, this in no way represents the actual time, effort and cash I have put into trying to solve this.   I am sure on reflection you will agree it is not fair for you to expect one of your customers to pay a repair bill for a fault on a car that was sold as having “No Issues” and then for you to only offer to refund of the original sale price, while then benefitting from the resulting repair.   In a compromise to find a speedy solution I am willing to discount the 'Refund Of The Delivery - £230' though this discount does not represent any admission that you are not fully liable for these costs if this does go to court.   I am willing to accept, without any further negotiation the below:   By the 1st February 2022 (A goodwill extension on the Letter Before Court date):   Refunded the Car & MOT - £3500 Reimbursement of Head-gasket repair - £1121.40 Total – £4621.40   Should £4621.40 not be paid and the car collected by the 1st February 2022 I will revert back to my claim of £4851.40 plus additional costs, not limited to but including interest, any due compensation and court fees.   Unfortunately due to your telephone conversation on the 13/1/22 I will not allow yourself (Mohammed Waqar) to attend either properties connected to me (BA14 0TA and SA14 7BU). This is easily resolved; I will allow your car delivery company to collect the vehicle from Mieri Eco Farm, Drefach, SA14 7BU and they may also inspect the vehicle. The car will not be released to anyone until £4621.40 is cleared into my bank account below.   I now required you to give me 72hrs notice via text message before the vehicle is collected.   If this does not happen before 1st February 2022 then I shall begin proceedings in the County Court for the recovery of the full sums of £4851.40 plus costs without further notice to you.  
    • The form is a submission page so I don't have a copy of the specific details that was entered.   She has told me that she said 'what happened' and stated she wasn't the driver, simply the registered keeper of the car, which is correct, I was driving. We're not married, don't know if that makes it easier or not. It would appear the page alone is purely about acquiring information and not about giving anyone with a fair appeal the chance to resolve this. Shock.   She has emailed Jack Brereton this morning, explaining the situation and asking if he can help.  Unfortunately, her reaction is exactly what the scam artists wanted. Partner in hospital (me), she at home with a newborn child and feeling vulnerable and intimidated and scared of people knocking on the door. 
    • The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has banned insurers from quoting customers a higher price for renewing their home or motor insurance than they would for new customersView the full article
    • There is a 10 min grace period in all private carparks.   Do not appeal   Dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

Barclays default. Removal Needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I really need some help on the removal of a barclays default. I am currently in the middle of claiming back my unlawful charges from barclays. They have sent me a "goodwill gesture" of around half of my original claim. To be honest i don't really mind accepting this amount. As the only reason a began this was to remove my default notice. I called up the barclays customer relations number which was on the letter with the "goodwill gesture" and the guy there told me that the default was nothing to do with the settlement and that i would have to contact another section of the company. This leads me here.

What would be my next best approace? to turn down the "goodwill gesture" and continue demanding Full settlement including the default removal. Or should i be looking at another avenue? like i said, i do not mind accepting and probably would rather accept the current goodwill gesture but the most important thing is to get this default removed as i will be looking to get a mortgage in the very short future.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Christian