BankFodder BankFodder

Fringer

Halifax One Card and Robinson Way

I have recently been bombarded with correspondence, phone calls and texts from a company called Robinson Way chasing me for a debt that I dont believe I owe

I had a Halifax One card years ago which I believe I paid off years ago (my memory is terrible so cant remember how it was paid off, probably by a balance transfer with another card)

I called Robinson Way today as I had no idea what this debt was and was told the last payment I made was back in August 17 which has led me to ask why they have left it so long to chase me if I actually owe this money.

I have been all through my other credit card statements to see if this was paid off but no longer have access to a few of them as we inherited a sum last year and paid off all our debts. Is there a way I can find out if this was in fact paid? 

Speak to Halifax using the account number Robs refer to and ask...was a payment made on Aug 17...is there a balance outstanding.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I am doing that 

My worry is though that I have recently obtained my full credit file and this doesn't appear on there at all

surely if there was an outstanding debt from 2017 it would appear on there?

Not necessarily if the debt is over 6 years old

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

By the way never call a debt Collector. 

In fact my experience is not to have any contact with them at all.  just stay dark.   No answering their calls, no replying to their texts, no responses to their emails and whilst you should read their letters you should then file them in a foolscap folder without reply.

If anything urgent comes up like a letter before action or a solicitor letter or even a County court claim pack, then that is the time to act.

In this case it seems your relationship is still with the original creditor so probably worthwhile contacting them to see what their system says about you.

• Thanks 1

shame you blindly wasted that inheritance on debts that might well have even not been enforceable or owed.

esp if they are sold to a DCA..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

Thank you all for your advice.