Manager is trying to get rid of me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've worked at an IT company now for 5 years and feel I everyone is collectively trying to get rid of me. I have not been given any official IT training courses since joining the company to improve my skill set, however some of my fellow colleagues have been on courses. There has been also no salary increases in the past 3 years and it is completely disproportionate compared to the fellow colleagues I work with.

The receptionist (close friendship with manager) who has worked at the company for over 10 years has been brought into the team. The manager is sending her on various training courses to bring her up to the skill set with their intention to replace me. I first started off as a trainee IT Technician at this company, with a basic pay of 18K and was promoted a year later with the salary of £22000. The manager has removed me from all future projects, assigning these new tasks to my receptionist who has gone straight into the promoted position. She is currently incapable from a technical standpoint to deliver these projects, often asking for help from fellow engineers and including myself on numerous occasions. The reception has been in the new position for over a year now and only just recently noticed the manager not assigning any more work to me since December. I believe it is only a matter of time before I have meeting with HR who will either dismiss me or make me redundant from my position.. I believe the manager is trying to gather evidence to dismiss me by contacting me over email?

My last notable project was assigned in November 2019,  where I obtained great customer satisfaction scores. The receptionist has since been given all new projects and been assisted by a senior member of my IT team who has basically been doing all of her work, including speaking to clients + technical setups.

The receptionist joined our team in December 2018 and the above has been going on since she moved team into our team. I believe the reason they are taking me off projects is to raise her customer satisfaction score so they can justify dismissing me. 

Just to further complicate this issue - My manager and my fellow engineers make indirect comments about me in my presence and behind my bank which I have really upset me?

Is this nepotism and cronyism?

Edited by notasellout

>Hand Notice in

>Open Notepad on server

>type %0|%0

>Save as batch file

>Move Batch file to start up folder

>Create scheduled task starting in a months time to restart server after your end date

>Enjoy yourself as the server melts down each time it starts up

Obviously the above is a joke, IT is only advancing there are plenty of jobs out there, have a feel around and see if there is anything else that takes your fancy and hand your notice in and move on. It doesn't sound like you are enjoying it there and constantly having to worry is today your last day.

Pixel,  back in the days of fortran a similar coding was used to sod up the computer.

10= goto 20

20= 0

30 = if 20 = 0 goto 10

Plus ca change as they say

OP, there will be plenty of jobs out there that you can go for and the longer you stay where you are the less employable you will becom

1 hour ago, ericsbrother said:

Pixel,  back in the days of fortran a similar coding was used to sod up the computer.

10= goto 20

20= 0

30 = if 20 = 0 goto 10

Plus ca change as they say

OP, there will be plenty of jobs out there that you can go for and the longer you stay where you are the less employable you will becom

I can't say I have ever used Fortran, when I was in uni it was C# and C++. I know it is still used in the industry but it predates me by over 25 years.

Looking at it I am assuming it is some form of logical loop.

%0|%0 essentially creates duplicated instances of its own process till the machine grinds to a halt forcing a reboot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Raise a grievance, saying pretty what you have said above, make it concerned and formal without a hint of poor little me,  then there is at least a record of your concerns. It might throw a spanner in their works, it might have no effect at all but it is better than doing nothing and hoping it will all go away. And it may be useful in the future, I know exactly how you feel as I have been in a similar situation and I can feel your stress in your original post. I kept my head down and was offed via a nervous breakdown. Learn from my mistake :)